Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Boxing is so popular in UK and not in France?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Boxing is so popular in UK and not in France?

Was just wondering, about the historical reasons why boxing never were as much popular in France, like it is in UK?

Does anyone knows?

Because the French are cheese eating surrender monkeys?

Comment

They like **** loads of sport and good in many. But deep down the real reason is they r *****

imho

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
        Good enough reason for me

Poet

Comment

Noone has a "good" historical enough answer for me? Or it's all anti-french related? Am just curious guys... and wanna know ! Please !

Comment

I think only someone from France could truly answer that. There have been some very popular French boxers such as Georges Carpentier and Marcel Cerdan but I imagine the sport just never caught on.

Britain's boxing roots on the other hand come all the way from the 1700's and there have been numerous great British boxers over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by LordessByron View Post
              Noone has a "good" historical enough answer for me? Or it's all anti-french related? Am just curious guys... and wanna know ! Please !
              have you evey watched french boxing? like on euro sport. dont know if they still play it on there cos its been years for me. fact is they always bored me to hell to watch with the exeption of Mormeck. they leave the passion in the bedroom me thinks! lol

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                What he said.

Waits for MIB to create an ALT account and pretends to be a French member/poster so he can annoy people.
                Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 09-21-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

saw Haye fight in France. was that in France? LordessByron is French, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by elgaringo View Post
                    have you evey watched french boxing? like on euro sport. dont know if they still play it on there cos its been years for me. fact is they always bored me to hell to watch with the exeption of Mormeck. they leave the passion in the bedroom me thinks! lol
                    pretty much all the europeans fight like that, thats why i prefer the american side

Comment

Working...
                    X