Want to build my calves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to build my calves

Any good training tips?

stand on your toes and go up and down,do a couple of reps and repeat,in a couple of weeks put a sack filled with potatoes on your head and repeat,your calves will look like a champion weightlifter

Comment

Calves don'tr require complicated exerices. However, getting them to grow is very hard. Calves are one of the hardest things for people to get to grow, some bodybuilders don't even pay attention to them anymore.

Probably because they are so easy to over-train. Just like shoulders. Because literally everything you do every day involved your shoulders and calves in some way.

Just go heavy on calf raises.

Comment

kick a soccer ball or anything heavy repeatedly. the main muscle ( at least in my case) that is used is that part of ur leg. the motion also targets alot of different leg muscles. im not bragging or anything but i have above average leg muscle. again, due to soccer.

Comment

Go heavy and do the movement slow, work through the burn and be consistent with your training. You will also need a calorie surplus to grow muscle and adequate rest between workouts (ie, do calves once or twice a week max). I put loaded barbell on the floor against something for support and put on a backpack with weights, do raises with the ball of your feet on the barbell and hold on to furniture or something for balance.

Comment

Jump rope

Comment

My calves are decent for my weight. I jump rope and do road work.

Plain and simple.

Comment

Gotta say too that calf muscle size is mostly genetic

Comment

Working...
                X