Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo The Most Improved Boxing In The Last 5 Years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Canelo The Most Improved Boxing In The Last 5 Years?

Is Canelo The Most Improved Boxing In The Last 5 Years?

Maybe Russel Jr

Comment

The Bronze Bomber. Five years ago they was saying I'd lose to Arreola or Stiverne. Now I'm king of the division, Joshua running, and I'd whoop Lennox Lewis and both Klitschkos in they primes.

Comment

No.

He hasn't improved his stamina enough, hasn't improved his punch output enough and still can't outbox or stop guys at the highest level (Trout, Lara, GGG and Cotto). I felt he lost 2 of the fights I mentioned, both of them somewhat clearly. Plenty feel he lost more.

The most improved fighter would have to be Estrada. That might sound weird, as he has been a good fighter for years now but there was a time when he sat back too much, didn't press the action enough and allowed opponents to get into a fight they shouldn't have. Roman and Viloria can attest to that. But, gradually he has better understood the pro game, is more physical, presses the action and is now a tremendously well rounded fighter.

I would also name Linares, who seemed to have the opposite problem to Estrada, in that he pressed the action too much, didn't move his feet enough was easy to find. Linares can still be hit but his all round game is not only better but more educated. He moves himself into punching positions better than just about any and every one in the division.

Comment

Must be Jeep Horn. Compare the Horn 5 years ago where you hear nothing from him and today that he's the no. 1 WW, he's spewing nonsense on maybe weekly basis.

Comment

I would say Badu Jack. Since he lost to Edward he's improved a lot. He's a lot more versatile. Before the defeat he seemed to be doing the same thing over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
              The Bronze Bomber. Five years ago they was saying I'd lose to Arreola or Stiverne. Now I'm king of the division, Joshua running, and I'd whoop Lennox Lewis and both Klitschkos in they primes.
              I believe this

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                No.

He hasn't improved his stamina enough, hasn't improved his punch output enough and still can't outbox or stop guys at the highest level (Trout, Lara, GGG and Cotto). I felt he lost 2 of the fights I mentioned, both of them somewhat clearly. Plenty feel he lost more.

The most improved fighter would have to be Estrada. That might sound weird, as he has been a good fighter for years now but there was a time when he sat back too much, didn't press the action enough and allowed opponents to get into a fight they shouldn't have. Roman and Viloria can attest to that. But, gradually he has better understood the pro game, is more physical, presses the action and is now a tremendously well rounded fighter.

I would also name Linares, who seemed to have the opposite problem to Estrada, in that he pressed the action too much, didn't move his feet enough was easy to find. Linares can still be hit but his all round game is not only better but more educated. He moves himself into punching positions better than just about any and every one in the division.
                Nelo beat them ALL. the ONLY fighter Nelo lost to was T.B.E.
                Last edited by j.razor; 01-03-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  I would say Badu Jack. Since he lost to Edward he's improved a lot. He's a lot more versatile. Before the defeat he seemed to be doing the same thing over and over.

Good call, I like that one.

Comment

Badou Jack is a good call.

Canelo has improved but he's always been highly rated as a potential top fighter, lets remember he was in his early 20's just 5 years ago, so chances are he was always going to improve. I think he's fulfilled his potential.

I think "most improved" should be more for guys that have gone further and become better than anyone might have expected i.e Jack.

Comment

Working...
                    X