No announcement yet.

Question about Stepping with the Jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Stepping with the Jab

What's the correct way to step with the jab ?

Should you step first then jab so your feet moves first then the hand ?

Should you step and jab at the same time so your step and the jab happens at the same time ?

or should you step put lead with the hand so the hand hits before the step is completed ?

Push off of your back foot and the step and punch at the same time. Foot lands when punch lands.

You dont always have to step with your jab. Sometimes just fling it out there with ultimate speed, some times step in. Its about mixing it up and showing your opponent different things so that he does not pick up on your rythme. Its about deception.

Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
      Push off of your back foot and the step and punch at the same time. Foot lands when punch lands.

You dont always have to step with your jab. Sometimes just fling it out there with ultimate speed, some times step in. Its about mixing it up and showing your opponent different things so that he does not pick up on your rythme. Its about deception.

Rockin'
      witch way do you recomend trowing it when you want to double.

Comment

definitely no set rule. depends on range and other variables.

Comment

Originally posted by moy22487
          witch way do you recomend trowing it when you want to double.
          Same procedure with the step. Shoot it once and step with it again. Beginners always tend to forge their way forward, into firing range for themselves aswell as their opponents. Learn to move around your man, make the angles and then take advantage. Learn to work, instead of always forward, learn to work on a 45 degree angle. Moving both left and right with your motion and punches.

You want to fire a sharp jab that lands.... learn to feint!

Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick
            your correct with that statement. But you have to get them off and rolling so they can see the other variables in the ring. Goitta start 'em somewhere.

Rockin'

Comment

im having problems with my jab also.my opponenets move to the side to much so if i throw a hard jab there out of the way usually

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
                im having problems with my jab also.my opponenets move to the side to much so if i throw a hard jab there out of the way usually
                try leading with jabs to the body, pawing out the jab, feinting to the body then throwing it at the head, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5

maybe you just need to time when they move..if you can tell they move with a rythme throw a feint and pop a guick jab when you see where they land

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick
                  exactly...usually i take a half step and pop the jab...it dependsa on the distnce and movement of the other guy. Fients work also...when someone is used to you stepping in with the jab, step fient then throw a real jab..insted of always stepping in and throwing

Comment

Originally posted by saq26
                    try leading with jabs to the body, pawing out the jab, feinting to the body then throwing it at the head, etc.

thats what i do. but i have a ****in hard jab. dont mean to brag but i have a knockout jab. and i wanna use it and i cant

Comment

Working...
                    X