No announcement yet.

Tommy Morrison vs Michael Moorer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Morrison vs Michael Moorer

I think this fight couldve been kind of like a modern day version of Patterson vs Johansson. These two were two decent boxers with vulnerable chins and good KO power. If I had to choose I would pick Moorer by mid rd Ko in a entertaining fight

Originally posted by DBSLM View Post
    I think this fight couldve been kind of like a modern day version of Patterson vs Johansson. These two were two decent boxers with vulnerable chins and good KO power. If I had to choose I would pick Moorer by mid rd Ko in a entertaining fight

I think Moorer's soputhpaw stance and short, sneaky power shots would be what win the fight for him, especially with Tommy's lack of defense and beard.

But, if Morrison lands a left hook cleanly on Moorer they could seriously count to a thousand. No way Moorer takes the Duke's best punch.

Comment

My money would be on MM, he was just a better fighter and IMO an underrated one too. HOWEVER with his weakness being chin and Tommy's greatest asset being power a Morrison KO win would not at all surprise!

Good fight, havent heard it discussed before so looking forard to this thread heating up....

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        I think Moorer's soputhpaw stance and short, sneaky power shots would be what win the fight for him, especially with Tommy's lack of defense and beard.

But, if Morrison lands a left hook cleanly on Moorer they could seriously count to a thousand. No way Moorer takes the Duke's best punch.
        very good argument

It's a matter of who gets to the other chin first, and Moorer would probably get there first

Comment

It would not go the distance.
          To me Morrison was a very exciting fighter. When ever he fought I would be on the edge waiting to see if he was going to get knocked out. His many come back from knock down fights were among the best fights of the time period. Additionally his left hook was a tremendous fight ender. Moorer on the other hand often wanted to box and if he were to fight Morrison, it would be his advantage. But as everyone has said, either fighter could have ended it early by knockout.

Comment

Assuming both are in top condition (not a given), I think eventually Moorer's chin betrays him and causes him to get stopped. He might have a decent lead and maybe a knockdown, but eventually Morrison gets him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Assuming both are in top condition (not a given), I think eventually Moorer's chin betrays him and causes him to get stopped. He might have a decent lead and maybe a knockdown, but eventually Morrison gets him.
              I lean towards that conclusion too.

Comment

this is a fight that could have gone either way, but in a situation where both guys have good power and dodgy chins its hard not to lean towards the guy with the greater skills - which is obviously moorer imo - still if they fought 3 times I wouldn't be surprised if tommy took one of them

Comment

Working...
                X