K9 Bundrage: Alvarez needs to fight me before he can call out Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9 Bundrage: Alvarez needs to fight me before he can call out Mayweather

By Benny "Big Dog" Henderson Jr

Benny Henderson Jr.: You said you had something to say to the fight world, you have open mic so speak your mind. "Golden Boy needs to put Saul Alvarez in there with another world champion." BH: And who would that champion be? "K9, the IBF world champion."

BH: Give your thoughts on Alvarez’s victory over Kermit Cintron.

K9: When he won that fight he called out Floyd Mayweather, I am happy that Max Kellerman put him in his place saying that he wanted that fight just because it is a big money fight. You have fighters like Bundrage, Kirkland, and other fighters that he needs to beat before he calls out Floyd Mayweather. He has not really fought anybody to be trying to call out guys like that. Me on the other hand, I have proven my point, I took the belt from Corey Spinks in his hometown. I am trying to unify the titles, so if they came to me with a fight with Kirkland, I had no problem with taking the fight, but my main goal is to be undisputed world champion. But with a guy like Saul Alvarez not trying to fight the other champions, if you do not want to fight the other champions in the junior middleweight division then he needs to vacate the belt. Even with James Kirkland, he is the number one for the WBC but Golden Boy is not going to let Kirkland fight Alvarez for the title because they have both of them so they are trying to get him to fight K9. It does not make sense, Saul Alvarez cannot keep on running and ducking other fighters in the division, you have to beat the rest before you call out the best. He has to fight somebody like a Kirkland, it doesn’t necessarily have to be me, it could be Kirkland, or even be Sechew Powel, just somebody who is hungry and not jut trying to fight for a payday. At one point and time Kermit Cintron was hungry, but he was not the same fighter when he fought Alvarez, and they knew he wasn’t the same fighter that is why they called him out. Didn’t he fight against Ricky Hatton’s little brother to get his belt? I mean come on, it is time for him to glove up or retire.

BH: So basically you are telling Saul Alvarez to fight somebody who is hungry, or with a title before calling out somebody such as Floyd Mayweather?

K9: Exactly, you have to beat somebody before you call our Mayweather. Golden Boy cannot keep protecting this guy, Oscar De La Hoya didn’t duck anybody so why is he letting his fighter do it?

BH: In closing is there any message you would like to send out to Saul Alvarez and Golden Boy?

K9: It is time for K9 Bundrage and Saul Alvarez to get down, it could be in Mexico, in California wherever. HBO presented the Alvarez fight to me once before, but I guess Golden Boy turned it down. When I beat Sechew Powell in the rematch somebody came up to me from HBO and told me that I should fight Alvarez next, I looked up and he is fighting Kermit Cintron. I ain’t mad at Cintron, get your money, but why would won’t Alvarez fight me? Don King and Emanuel Steward said they have my back, so tell Golden Boy that K9 Bundrage and Saul Alvarez should fight and the winner gets Floyd!

...................bump

Comment

Sorry K-9, they only feed Canelo simple bums. He doesn't want to unify with anyone. Not that you're anything special but...................................

Comment

Can someone do the boxing world a favor and take this dude out. He hasn't fought anybody and is holding that belt hostage. More bark than bite

Go after Kirkland, Vanes, Lara, Punisher and then come back

Comment

k9 are u ever gonna fight again?

Comment

Working...
          X