Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your most important prerequisites for handing out a belt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your most important prerequisites for handing out a belt?

If you could create a new sanctioning body that handed out belts, what would be your most important prerequisites or aspect of it be?

What would you name it and what would your belt look like?

The following is a few things that I could think of...

*Making only ONE belt per division
    *Making EVERYONE defend it within a certain time frame before stripping them
    *Not giving fighters the opportunity to win the belt if they come in overweight
    *Allowing your champion to unify

*Making multiple belts per division
    *Allowing fighters to take optional fights before making them defend it
    *Allowing fighters to win the belt even if they come in overweight
    *Not allowing your champion to unify

What other things can you think of? For example, how many months would it take of a boxers inactivity for you to remove them from your rankings?

My sanctioning body would be the called International Championship Boxing Federation.

I would only give out ONE belt per division. I would make fighters defend it every 3 to 4 months. If they have an injury I would give them time to recover only if it's supervised by an appointed doctor of the sanctioning body. I would only allow ONE optional fight in between title defenses. I would allow the fighters to unify only after 3 title defenses. I would NOT allow fighters to win the belt if they came in overweight. I would not make any exceptions regarding any rules regardless of how popular or good the fighter was. My belt would be black patent leather with a circular gold buckle. It'll have all of the countries flags on it and the federation logo in the middle.

Your thoughts?
Working...
X