Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain all this PSU and Joe paterno stuff please?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain all this PSU and Joe paterno stuff please?

So basically im a brit that understands the whole collage system in America regarding sports : - so im not a complete Rtard.

But can you explain the whole Joe Paterno situation please?

Originally posted by maverickuk2 View Post
    So basically im a brit that understands the whole collage system in America regarding sports : - so im not a complete Rtard.

But can you explain the whole Joe Paterno situation please?

peterno was the head of the football team at penn state university, one of the more well reputed schools in the country. some of the most accomplished people i knew in high school went to penn state. some did not even get in. as far as universities go it is among the best.

every home football game sells out with more than 100,000 tickets.

they net 60 million a year from the football team. the entire region is dependent on the football program to generate money.

paterno's longtime defensive coordinator (a very important coaching position on his football team,) Jerry Sandusky, was a pedophile. he had been luring children (preteen boys,) onto the penn state campus through his continuing involvement with charities and the university (even after he retird,) where he was raping them

in 1998, i believe, paterno and his staff were informed of what sandusky was doing and they covered it up

he was caught raping a boy in a penn state shower by another coach. he was later caught molesting a different boy by a janitor

penn state, with paterno as the final authority, covered it all up. they allowed sandusky to remain on campus and rape children for well over a decade, knowing full and well what he was doing.

they did it to protect the university, a football program that generates millions of dollars each year, and a town that depends on football games for it's very existence. to keep the machine going they allowed sandusky to rape boys. they are all going to hell
    Last edited by New England; 07-24-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, it was very informative and helpful. i knew a little bit about it but i didn't realize it was that shocking. what do you think will happen now to the area and ticket sales going forward and so forth?

Comment

Originally posted by maverickuk2 View Post
        Thank you for the reply, it was very informative and helpful. i knew a little bit about it but i didn't realize it was that shocking. what do you think will happen now to the area and ticket sales going forward and so forth?
        some of the people in that part of that state are evidently pretty insane

the support for not only the football program and school, but paterno himself is unbelievably strong.

the only person nobody is behind is sandusky.

he's hardly even talked about any more. as sick as his actions were, the cover up by the university is worse and more important, and that's finally being realized.

the program will never be the same, but they'll still probably sell out their games. that entire region is built around penn state football.

if anybody on the forum is from the area they can shed more light. i only know what i've read in the report and mostly what i've heard on sport radio.

Comment

I agree with New England. You don't cover that type of thing up to that magnitude. No man should get to be that powerful as joe was to have that type of thing overlooked.

Comment

What i don't get is, why was the universities football coach making these decisions to cover it up? surely matters that potent should have been handle by someone more appropriate than the football coach?

Comment

Working...
            X