No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Quigg: I'm Very Confident of Beating Carl Frampton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Quigg: I'm Very Confident of Beating Carl Frampton

Scott Quigg was impressed by Carl Frampton's victory over Kiko Martinez - but is still confident he will come out on top when, not if, the two super-bantamweights meet in the ring. Belfast boy Frampton thrilled his home crowd inside the Odyssey Arena on Saturday night by becoming the first man to stop Martinez, flooring the Spaniard in the ninth with a superb straight right.

[Click Here To Read More]

I think Quigg has a good chance. He's super fit, and Frampton has a bad habit of leaving his chin out. A fighter with a good reach like Quigg could capitalise on this.

Comment

Talk is cheap, get in the ring with him or at least negotiate the damn fight.

Comment

Good to hear. Would be nice for this fight to happen sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Good to hear. Would be nice for this fight to happen sooner rather than later.
          Yep. Surly it can't be hard to make the fight

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Yep. Surly it can't be hard to make the fight
            It depends who Hatton signs his stable with.

Frampton is with Matchroom and Sky Sports (Who Hatton was just dropped from) so it's hard to say at this point.

If he works on a fight to fight basis with Frank Warren or Eddie Hearn or whoever then it will be easy to make but I don't see Hatton doing that.

I think the most likely outcome is he will sign with Boxnation.

And if he does, making Quigg-Frampton might be difficult.

Comment

Was never that impressed by Framps but can't argue the end results that KO win did enough to make him a somebody...

Comment

tough one, but Quigg by stoppage, Frampton would have to box even better than he did v Martinez to beat him & doubt he'd be able to stop him (unless Quigg made big mistakes)

Comment

I'm wondering if Hatton will try and get his fighters on the Golden Boy show's when they enter the UK market with Ogogo. Has anybody heard if ESPN UK will ever dip into the boxing market?

Comment

I'd pick Quigg having seen both guys most recent fights.

Frampton was a pressure fighter vs Molitor and a mover vs Martinez so he has shown he is versatile and Quigg showed he can do abit of both vs Munroe.

I havent always been impressed by Quigg going back to the Jason Booth days and I saw him get floored but he has improved alot and looked really solid in his last fight. Whereas Frampton started his career of looking destructive but as hes moved up hes struggled and hes not far off finding his level IMO. He was tired vs Martinez and fortunate to find that shot out of nowhere. It was still a good display but Id make Quigg a favourite to beat him if they fought each other next.

Comment

Working...
                    X