Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What dumb fight slogans do you think marketing could have/should use for fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What dumb fight slogans do you think marketing could have/should use for fights?

"The Rumble in the Jungle". "The Thrilla in Manilla." "No Excuses." The list of dumb marketing names goes on, and even though the aforementioned Thrilla actually took place outside Manilla, did it really matter?

What made me think of this was reading an article on Amir Khan - he's on the UK TV station ITV this Saturday night on the undercard of Joe Calzaghe's tune-up bout. How long before he gets a name for himself, goes into a match with a grudge and some newspaper hack comes up with the headline "The Wrath of Khan"? For all I know, it's probably already happened.

So... slogans. What slogans could have taken place (Tyson-Holyfield II - "You won't believe your ears"???) and what slogans should take place for future bouts?

"Unfinished Business" has been used to death...and it may be used on the Hopkins-Taylor II card...

Comment

"this time it s personal"

Comment

Danny "The Warrior" Williams - vs - Julius "The Pudding" Francis.

Dinner is served!!!

Comment

that was real gay... who was it for?
          Originally posted by tino

Comment

I remember at Hatton bill being called "Lords of the ring", which is really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by tino
              Sorry... the idea is not to quote slogans that they've already had, but to come up with your own. Geeeeeeez...

Comment

Thrilla in Manila, technically was in Quezon City. But that's like Manhatton and the Bronx. It's still New York City. And Quezon City is in Manila. Manila is just subdivided into different cities. There is a Manila section but it grew so large that it swallowed other "cities".

Comment

Tyson - Holyfield III - Old *****z Be Frontin

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak
                    Sorry... the idea is not to quote slogans that they've already had, but to come up with your own. Geeeeeeez...
                    Its just because you dont make it clear, i have to read your ******ed writing about 5 times before i get it!!

Seriously,

Hatton vs Mayweather would be called something gay like "the fast and the furious".

Comment

Working...
                    X