No announcement yet.

JDS vs Overeem standup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDS vs Overeem standup

I keep hearing people say Overeem has better stand up but I just dont see it. Overeem has won a K1 grand prix but applying that to MMA is a different story. Bob Sapp won a K1 grand prix ffs. Overeem is slow with no cardio. Imo JDS has quicker hands with the better punches. Overeem carries too much muscle at the moment

Inside of Round 1 Overeem easy.

Overeem's stand-up is good but not stellar. JDS, while powerful, remains very easy to hit and predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
      Inside of Round 1 Overeem easy.

Overeem's stand-up is good but not stellar. JDS, while powerful, remains very easy to hit and predictable.
      Overeem is easy to hit as well, Werdum was outlanding him the whole fight. JDS predictable? Overeem just stands in one place and plods, not to mention not head movement what so ever

Still dont get the hype, he beats guys like James thompson and a Todd Duffee who wasnt even in great shape and is called the next big thing

Comment

jds is a better mma-striker. Mostle due to being fearless and willing to throw shots.

overeem just looks scared and tentative when not fighting bums in mma. He looks much better as a kickboxer in kickboxing fights.

bob sapp won a regional grand prix. Not the world grand prix finals like overeem.
        Last edited by Barry Halls; 11-26-2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
          Overeem is easy to hit as well, Werdum was outlanding him the whole fight. JDS predictable? Overeem just stands in one place and plods, not to mention not head movement what so ever

Still dont get the hype, he beats guys like James thompson and a Todd Duffee who wasnt even in great shape and is called the next big thing
          yet another mention of Werdum out striking Overeem

Todd Duffee was out of shape, really? How good a shape do you need to be in for a 20 second fight? lol

Overeem is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post

No, but I'm sure you can't be convinced otherwise.

When he styles all over JDS after the Brock fight we'll see.

Comment

LoL JDS has a ton of good qualities that suggest he could beat Overeem in a complete stand-up challenge. However, you've not touched on a single one.

The subject isn't childish, but c'mon man. How the **** am I supposed to respond? Junior's real chance is in his traits not his skills. If this was a contest to see who can throw what strikes with text book perfection JDS would have no chance. He's got a nice uppercut, a ton of power, and more chin I think. As far as technical prowess if you can't ****ing watch AO fight and JDS fight and tell who's been training longer I can't ****ing help you....it's very obvious.

I know it's only novel, but um. Bob Sapp is too much beef-cake for the UFC to put in their cage. So is Butterbean. Is really fair to compare to gorillas? Sure in Bob's case no form at all. In Bean's no movement. But c'mon we call accept when someone gets ****ed up by someone else with 40lbs on them. If it were the 90's and JDS stepped into Bean's ring and got knocked the **** out it wouldn't have been a big deal, and JDS would be the can. I just mean to say giants are the most unpredictable fighters you can follow.

Comment

I said it before and people laughed but whats funny is it was the same people who said dos santos had no chance vs Cain, so whos laughing now? If Overeem had a jab hed of finished werdum and could probably beat dos santos but Overeem has no jab and relies soley on power where dos santos is a seriously slick highly skilled boxer. His only flaw is keeping his hands down alil low but thats how he lured cain and everybody else in, his timing is sick.

Dos Santos would destroy overeem. Overeem MIGHT win the first round but he has no cardio or that great of a chin, dos santos would last more then a round and then punish him if not stop him in the first from a huge shot. Question overeems heart too. Hell whoop Lesnar tho.

Comment

Dos Santos is better than Overeem

Comment

Overeem hits harder, can take far more punishment, has far better kicks and checks, has far better knees, and easily more experinced.

The thing that American MMA fans or even boxing fans cant understand is that Overeem is very patient fighter, he doesnt just throw useless jabs, or bounce around the ring like tigger, and doesnt really move his tiny head all over the place. The reason is that his head is tiny compared with his body and arms, I dont think anyones gone through Ubereems defenses like that. Overeem covers very well and kicks and punches like a mule.

JDS simply hasnt faced anyone quite like Ubereem.

Comment

Working...
                    X