Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyds progression similar to Pernells!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyds progression similar to Pernells!!!!

Just rewatched Whitaker De la Hoya and Pernells fighting style at 33 is similar to Floyd now. Elusive fighters light on their feet in their youth, but in their 30s both fighter stand in and exchange, Pernell stood right in with a younger and bigger De la, the same way Floyd fights now. So I would expect Floyd to continue to fight the way he has been fighting, no more dancing.

He has never danced. He just moves out of the way and lands his counters.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
      He has never danced. He just moves out of the way and lands his counters.
      floyd's counters are basicly his right straight...he does'nt counter with anything else but that, that you can consider a meaningful punch, thats is why him being the best counterpuncher is so inaccurate imo....noticed all of his fights when in close range, he blocks with the left hand all culred up againts his body , and right does the job for the offense..... he does it very well...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        floyd's counters are basicly his right straight...he does'nt counter with anything else but that, that you can consider a meaningful punch, thats is why him being the best counterpuncher is so inaccurate imo....noticed all of his fights when in close range, he blocks with the left hand all culred up againts his body , and right does the job for the offense..... he does it very well...
        are you on drugs...floyd can counter with both hands, uppercuts on the insides, left hooks...pls watch boxing.

Comment

He also counters with the right uppercut when in close

Comment

****tttt floyds check hook is what sets up the right hand. the counter hook by far his best punch.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              are you on drugs...floyd can counter with both hands, uppercuts on the insides, left hooks...pls watch boxing.
              i think he can too but he does not....understnably so coz he is a safety first kinda of guy and he uses his hands for diffrenet purposes at a time.....

Comment

Originally posted by bktova1 View Post
                He also counters with the right uppercut when in close
                ive not noticed...show me a vid please and it better be a meaningful clean punch...

Comment

i think he can too but he does not....understnably so coz he is a safety first kinda of guy and he uses his hands for diffrenet purposes at a time.....
                  Right because that check hook didn't create havoc for Hatton.

Comment

ive not noticed...show me a vid please and it better be a meaningful clean punch...
                    Watch Mayweather-Chavez... any of his fights. Watch the DLH fight, he lands right uppercuts and follows up with hooks throughout the middle and late rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X