No announcement yet.

Make It Worth Their While HBO!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make It Worth Their While HBO!

While I am hyped for the upcoming match between Oscar and Manny, I can't help but feel that a lot of people will feel guilty spending $55 for something that might end in a couple minutes. In tough times like this, that's a lot of money. While Oscar does offer a rebate plan to recover most of that money, it's almost a joke seeing as you have to spend more money in order to get the rebate coupons. HBO doesn't offer any comfort either as the plan is to show the usual two fight card.

Here are some ideas I'd like to share which will not only help make the card worth while, but will make consumers come back for more cards and make promoters happy.

1. It's The Math Stupid.

If HBO is going to seriously go through with their usual two fight format, they are seriously gyping the consumer bad. Some people might not know it right now, but a lot of people have their internal calculators running overtime right now. If they hand over $55 bucks for two fights, they know their paying $27.50 per fight that could end at any time. This does not feel right. How can this be aleveated? Well, by using Mr. Christ's guide the Ortiz/Resto fight should be put on the PPV along with the two main fights. The reasons are simple. You're giving and up and coming fighter more exposure to those who aren't familar with them and helping grow his fanbase. You're also making the PPV seem like a more better deal by taking the price from $27.50 to $18.33 per fight. Sure, it's still a bit steep, but it at least looks more reasonable.
    The rest of the article is here
Working...
X