Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be your ultimate pick at 147 to beat Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would be your ultimate pick at 147 to beat Floyd?

I always said Roberto Duran. He's the one to stomp on that 0. Everyone else You can't say yay or nay. Duran would simply be too strong and too good, Floyd has nothing to keep Duran off of him. He would laugh at Floyds punches.

Opinions?

Bit of a generic pick but Tommy Hearns really is the man best equipped too beat Floyd.

Comment

Good pick......

Here's another

Comment

Sugarman
        Roberto Duran
        Ray Leonard
        Marlon Starling
        Mark Breland
        Tommy Hearns
        Aaron Pryor
        Lloyd Honnyghan
        Donald Curry
        ........theres others but heres a few that could. Anyone with above average power would be able to shake Mayweather off the ropes and into fighting, then everyone would see a better fighter than he is now but he'd loose a few. Theres no shame in a loss when your opponent is repected for who he is and how he conducts himself in and out of the ring. All of Floyds opponents have been carefully picked as he came up in the ranks just like any of the modern day high prospects. Hes never fought anyone that came in with real power and enough skill to get him off the ropes then be aware of power. Hatton was a club fighter at best and the others we're all past their time. Shane Moslrey in his primes 10 years ago would give Mayweather all he wants and Shane had average power but his skill level was high. How would Floyd fair against the fellows above who fought each other a couple a times a year? You could through in Pepino Cuevas and Wilfred Benetez but Floyd and Wilfred together might make a great video for insomnia!!!! Ray

Comment

Both Sugar Rays, Hearns and maybe Armstrong.

Comment

I'm talking fighter who have a high chance of winning. not just a shot.

I like Hearns and possibly Robinson. Both could crack, are considerably taller and at WW had lots of stamina and good chins. Both ATG's.

SRL has a chance IMO but he shouldn't be on the list because it would just be a boxing match. Armstrong as well IMO wouldn't make the cut, too open and not a devastating puncher.

I'd give Hearns a huge shot at both stopping Floyd or decisioning him. Even if Floyd could avoid getting tagged flush, I don't see him doing enough himself to win a decision. Benitez was a defensive first fighter himself and just ended up not doing enough. Hearns reach and boxing skills would be more than enough.
            Last edited by them_apples; 02-02-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Bit of a generic pick but Tommy Hearns really is the man best equipped too beat Floyd.
              This was my thought when i read the topic. Don't think you could even design a fighter more suitable for the job than Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                I'm talking fighter who have a high chance of winning. not just a shot.

I like Hearns and possibly Robinson. Both could crack, are considerably taller and at WW had lots of stamina and good chins. Both ATG's.

SRL has a chance IMO but he shouldn't be on the list because it would just be a boxing match. Armstrong as well IMO wouldn't make the cut, too open and not a devastating puncher.

I'd give Hearns a huge shot at both stopping Floyd or decisioning him. Even if Floyd could avoid getting tagged flush, I don't see him doing enough himself to win a decision. Benitez was a defensive first fighter himself and just ended up not doing enough. Hearns reach and boxing skills would be more than enough.
                Interesting quote considering in his biggest fights the only person he didn't KO/make quit was Hagler..... Duran Benitez and even Hearns qualify..... At 147 and with Ray in his prime I think Floyd would 2 considering 147 isn't Floyd's best weight......

Comment

Hearns is the fighter you are looking for my man,whilst Duran is great and would most likely beat Floyd at 147,the hitman is the perfect guy for the job

Comment

Hearns is easily his worst historical match-up.

Comment

Working...
                    X