No announcement yet.

I did Tough Mudder today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did Tough Mudder today!

it was a pretty cool experience. super fun. wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but there were a few obstacles that were a little tough. I cleared all of them except this rock wall where you have to climb sideways to get to the other side or you fall in water.

I think what would've made the experience a whole lot better would've been if there was a time limit to get your head band and if people weren't allowed to skip obstacles.. but at the end of the day I think the focus was more on working as a team and overcoming the course with your friends.

things I liked: running up and down different elevations, different gravel such as sand, rocks, dirt, mud. the freezing ice baths; they really got your heart pumping. the team work; people helping other people that they didn't even know. the costumes, all the hot ladies and doing the swings, everest and the monkey bars.

things I didn't like: I don't know if it was because we had a later start time and the batteries may have died but we didn't get electrocuted when running through electro shock therapy. having to crawl your way through a pool of horse shit that's up to your waste wasn't cool either.. a few people blew chunks after getting out.

I would do it all over again though.. we murdered it. we were the second or third group to finish it in our wave and we had a team mate that injured his leg.

If anyone is thinking about trying Tough Mudder I definitely recommend it! If anyone has done it, what was your experience like?

a few tips on completing the course: have one of your team mates bring a fanny pack and fill it with things you might need. make sure you fasten your shoes real well; taping your shoe laces down work wonders too. wear dry fit clothing.. you will get wet. baby powder ya ass, thighs and balls to avoid chafing. pace yourselves.. I saw a lot of people get a full on running start and die not even half way through the course.
Working...
X