Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedor was about to sign with UFC but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Fedor was about to sign with UFC but....

then his dad died and he decided instead to retire and spend time with his family.

^^^ Dana starts talking about it at 0:22
    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 01-30-2013, 01:13 PM.

I would've loved to have seen Fedor annihilate Brock then ride off. But I was one even 3-4 years ago who said Fedor might've gotten ****ed up in the UFC to everyone's dismay. I saw Fedor during the Pride days and to me that was his pinnacle. But I think overall the sport sorta passed him by as he didn't seem very eager to jump into the UFC and didn't really fight that often once Pride was absorbed by UFC. Still, he's one of the baddest mofo's I've seen fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      I would've loved to have seen Fedor annihilate Brock then ride off. But I was one even 3-4 years ago who said Fedor might've gotten ****ed up in the UFC to everyone's dismay. I saw Fedor during the Pride days and to me that was his pinnacle. But I think overall the sport sorta passed him by as he didn't seem very eager to jump into the UFC and didn't really fight that often once Pride was absorbed by UFC. Still, he's one of the baddest mofo's I've seen fight.
      During the Arlovski fight, he had that look fighters get when they are starting to decline. That look in their eyes that they really don't want to be there anymore. I wanted him to retire then. To me, his prime is unrivaled in MMA. But, when he dropped off, he went quick.
      Personally, DW has lied so prolificly that I can't find interest in anything he says. Story could be true but I have my doubts, only because of who is telling it.

Comment

Man how I wish he fought Brock in 2009 and did what we all know he could do. Brock has great wrestling but his stand up was pretty awful. To have a chance against Fedor you have to be world class in every area. Fedor started his decline during 2007 imo, he was losing his speed but we didn't see it too much because of his ****ty competition in 2007 compared to his earlier/latter years. His own trainers said he stopped training properly around 2008 and had very short camps, he did not practice in a cage ever and stopped doing a lot of grappling and just focused on those power punches. His stand up looked pretty damn good just before he retired, he was consistantly training with dutch kickboxers, heavyweight top boxers and you could see this with him bringing leg kicks into his arsenal which he very rarely used before. His grappling was quite a lot worse though.

Fedor was a beast in his prime and honestly I still think if he fought the top heavyweights right now, he would give them a run for their money. Watching JDS against Cain made me realise this, JDS is the apparent NEW BREED with a BJJ black belt and top class stand up but his ground game was non-existant in terms of aggressiveness and his boxing was too relient on him being given room to manaovure and have good distance. Fedor could hurt you anywhere, complete fighter when he was in his prime.

Comment

There's a video somewhere where Fedor basically says he never went to the UFC because they don't treat their fighters like human beings. He cited the salve wages UFC fighters got then as a reason for not joining.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            During the Arlovski fight, he had that look fighters get when they are starting to decline. That look in their eyes that they really don't want to be there anymore. I wanted him to retire then. To me, his prime is unrivaled in MMA. But, when he dropped off, he went quick.
            Personally, DW has lied so prolificly that I can't find interest in anything he says. Story could be true but I have my doubts, only because of who is telling it.
            Yeah if I were a reporter I'd contact Lesnar and Fedor for verification.

Comment

Fedor's management is denying it...

Comment

And I'm more inclined to believe Fedor than Dana White.

Comment

So am I, but I don't see what Dana has to gain by lying in this case....

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza305 View Post
                    There's a video somewhere where Fedor basically says he never went to the UFC because they don't treat their fighters like human beings. He cited the salve wages UFC fighters got then as a reason for not joining.
                    Rampage makes over $2.5 mill per fight and he isn't even a top 15 p4p fighter. So much for slave wages.

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    So am I, but I don't see what Dana has to gain by lying in this case....
                    Media coverage.

Look at all the mma sites talking about it.

Also creates some buzz in Russia where UFC wants to hold an event this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X