No announcement yet.

Home Setup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Setup

Hi Guys - hoping I might get some help in getting my home setup right.

I'm a member of a Boxing Gym but work often means my training is disrupted, so I want to eliminate any excuses by having a few things setup at home.

Do you have any suggestions on anything else that might be useful, also any tips on a home workout routine that best makes use of the equipment.............. I'm very much a novice when it comes to boxing training!:

- Free Standing Bag
    - Speed Ball
    - Free Standing Chin Up/Dips/VKR station
    - Incline Bench
    - Ab Bench
    - Free Weights
    - Skipping Rope
    - Ive even tied a rope between two poles to help with my shadow boxing.

Thanks in advance guys.

See my homegym .My oldman built this he's a joiner .3/2 wood on roof for bags
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/album.php?albumid=271

Comment

Originally posted by digit View Post
      Hi Guys - hoping I might get some help in getting my home setup right.

I'm a member of a Boxing Gym but work often means my training is disrupted, so I want to eliminate any excuses by having a few things setup at home.

Do you have any suggestions on anything else that might be useful, also any tips on a home workout routine that best makes use of the equipment.............. I'm very much a novice when it comes to boxing training!:

- Free Standing Bag
      - Speed Ball
      - Free Standing Chin Up/Dips/VKR station
      - Incline Bench
      - Ab Bench
      - Free Weights
      - Skipping Rope
      - Ive even tied a rope between two poles to help with my shadow boxing.

Thanks in advance guys.
      Get a double end bag and a heavy bag.

Just do 3 or 4 rounds on each bag and as you get fitter add a round or 2 in and mix it up.

Do 4 sets of each exercise each set go until you fail.

Skip a minimum of 3 rounds.

I personally wouldnt do free weights but that is just my opinion.

Just a simple work out but im no expert, lol.

Comment

thanks buddy, really appreciate it. I've been training (inconsistnly) for 15 mths but looking to ramp things up so keen to draw on all expereinces.

The free weights are for nothing more than strength training, weight loss and helping build explosive power (8reps x 8 Sets with 10 sec recovery between) based on some excercises suggested by my Boxing Trainer............. definitly dont want to bulk up (currently 85kg down from 90kg)!!!

Comment

Just keep it up, try to do 6 days a week and one day rest.

Do heaps of different ab exercises, chin ups, pull ups and push ups too.

Comment

Working...
          X