Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally got to watch Machida vs Rua tonight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got to watch Machida vs Rua tonight...

... Yeah, lucky me, not. Anyway, when this fight took place I didn't get to watch it. But, read all the controversy, on how Rua got robbed and how Rua dominated his way to victory, blah, blah.

Man, tonight, I actually scored the fight and I scored it exactly how the judges had it, 48-47 in favor of Machida(quite easily could have gone the other way). It was a very difficult fight to score, neither guy was really willing to engage.

My impression, Machida was looking to counter as always and at the same time being too cautious of Rua's takedowns and on the opposite side, Rua was being too cautious of Machida's counter-striking. Rua doesn't have the striking prowess or know-how needed to really press the fight. Well, that's my take on it, I didn't see it as a robbery either way, no way, no how. Just one boring fight, that doesn't deserve to be on PPV if a rematch were to happen.

I honestly don't see the rematch being that much different, unless Dana White puts a gun on both fighters heads if they don't brawl like Kimbo Slice, lol

Originally posted by 1 on 1 View Post
    Rua doesn't have the striking prowess or know-how needed to really press the fight. Well, that's my take on it, I didn't see it as a robbery either way, no way, no how. Just one boring fight, that doesn't deserve to be on PPV if a rematch were to happen.
    that was a great fight, it was like watching two cobras waiting to strike and I can't wait for the rematch. and if you think shogun doesn't have the striking prowess or know how to press the fight then I suggest you watch some pride shogun fights, specifically shogun vs rampage.

Comment

... Yeah, lucky me, not. Anyway, when this fight took place I didn't get to watch it. But, read all the controversy, on how Rua got robbed and how Rua dominated his way to victory, blah, blah.

Man, tonight, I actually scored the fight and I scored it exactly how the judges had it, 48-47 in favor of Machida(quite easily could have gone the other way). It was a very difficult fight to score, neither guy was really willing to engage.

My impression, Machida was looking to counter as always and at the same time being too cautious of Rua's takedowns and on the opposite side, Rua was being too cautious of Machida's counter-striking. Rua doesn't have the striking prowess or know-how needed to really press the fight. Well, that's my take on it, I didn't see it as a robbery either way, no way, no how. Just one boring fight, that doesn't deserve to be on PPV if a rematch were to happen.

I honestly don't see the rematch being that much different, unless Dana White puts a gun on both fighters heads if they don't brawl like Kimbo Slice, lol
      watched that one without audio (can't stand ufc commentators)... I gave it to Shogun..easy.

Comment

Originally posted by snakey112 View Post
        that was a great fight, it was like watching two cobras waiting to strike and I can't wait for the rematch. and if you think shogun doesn't have the striking prowess or know how to press the fight then I suggest you watch some pride shogun fights, specifically shogun vs rampage.
        It's not necessary for me to watch that fight. Machida and Jackson are two different types of fighters. That's why Rua didn't look the same against those two. Perhaps, if a rematch were to happen, Rua can make the adjustments and execute better.

Comment

Originally posted by gandhalf View Post
          watched that one without audio (can't stand ufc commentators)... I gave it to Shogun..easy.
          Oh I did, since I can't stand Joe Rogan, listening to him is like listening to an infomercial, if I didn't know any better, Rogan makes every fighter sound like superheros.

Back to the topic, I can see how someone can score that fight decisively for either fighter, but, I personally had a tough time, hardly any of those rounds were clear cut rounds.

Comment

Oh I did, since I can't stand Joe Rogan, listening to him is like listening to an infomercial, if I didn't know any better, Rogan makes every fighter sound like superheros.

Back to the topic, I can see how someone can score that fight decisively for either fighter, but, I personally had a tough time, hardly any of those rounds were clear cut rounds.

Your username reminds me of this...... "one on one... one on one."

2:54... listen to the story. lol

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Your username reminds me of this...... "one on one... one on one."

2:54... listen to the story. lol

He's an idiot and a racist.

Seriously lucky he didn't end up dead though if what he said was true.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                He's an idiot and a racist.

Seriously lucky he didn't end up dead though if what he said was true.
                How did you come to that conclusion ??

Comment

How did you come to that conclusion ??
                  The way he talks about the people from Bali is pretty distastefull in my opinion. It`s pretty apparent that to him they are simply "the other." It`s a pretty typical sort of "middleclass bubble" viewpoint to see foreigners as something detatched from normal life, particularly those of poor countries. Nevermind the fact that those such people would likely stab him in the throat and dump him without a second thought, and may well have been playing nice with him to have not done so. To him though it was apparently all just a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    The way he talks about the people from Bali is pretty distastefull in my opinion. It`s pretty apparent that to him they are simply "the other." It`s a pretty typical sort of "middleclass bubble" viewpoint to see foreigners as something detatched from normal life, particularly those of poor countries. Nevermind the fact that those such people would likely stab him in the throat and dump him without a second thought, and may well have been playing nice with him to have not done so. To him though it was apparently all just a game.
                    Well, they did jump him. Of course there's gonna be some anger towards those people that jumped him. I see where you're coming from. But, can you really blame Urijah, I mean, they hit him with brass knuckles and bottles .

Urijah's image is that of a California frat boy, many don't know, but he hangs around alot minorities. Hell, one of his coaches is Thai.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Aldo handing it to him, hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X