Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mick Hennesey: better than Wank Warren, or even more of a ****?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick Hennesey: better than Wank Warren, or even more of a ****?

I know a few people think that MH is a ****, but he's impressed me recently, sending his best fighter to America to take on the best in the division, rather than have him sit at home and fight random nobodies.

I also liked that he put Tyson Fury in with a 21-3 opponent in only hi second fight.

When Witter was WBC champ, he tried to get him on HBO, offering to fight anyone, anywhere. D Hop pulled out/never agreed in the first place, and no one else was acceptable to HBO. After Witter lost, MK offered Ajose Olusegun a fight with him. That's impressive IMO because Olusegun has been calling Witter out for ages, and is a high risk/low reward fight.

I don't think Warren would have handled things in the same way. Froch would be against lesser opposition and Fury would be against bums for the next 2 years.

I also like that his shows are on ITV, so that bums like me get to see them.

Either way, I think that Warren having a rival is a good thing for British boxing.

I don't think you can be anymore of a **** than Wank Warren.

Comment

He like Maloney believe in the traditional route for their fighters and also get them ranked with the proper organisations (ie not the Warren Boxing Organistion).

I think both of them realise that boxing fans dont want to see a paper champ fighting bums or a prospect not making progress. His name maybe not as big in the states as Warrens but I also prefer his handling of fighters and long may it continue.

Of all of the bigger name british promoters I would prefer to watch a maloney or even a hayemaker card to be honest to sitting through a Warren one.

Comment

my favourite british boxing promoter by far. i enjoy watching them when there on itv. homegrown british boxers at there best.

I just hope that Tyson Fury is as good as he makes out he is.

Comment

Hennessy is just like Warren he wants to make as much money as possible before matching his fighters with anyone the real deal.

Warren will always be a prick to me as he wasted Calzaghes best years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra 2K9 View Post
            my favourite british boxing promoter by far. i enjoy watching them when there on itv. homegrown british boxers at there best.

I just hope that Tyson Fury is as good as he makes out he is.

Fury has a chin that Makes Khan seem like LaMotta.

I see Fury get stopped twice as an amateur and once knocked out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post
              Hennessy is just like Warren he wants to make as much money as possible before matching his fighters with anyone the real deal.

Warren will always be a prick to me as he wasted Calzaghes best years.
              to be fair i think calzaghe is much to blame for this as well. he never had the confidence of stepping up until recently

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                to be fair i think calzaghe is much to blame for this as well. he never had the confidence of stepping up until recently

I dont blame Joe. The only viable opponents post Eubank were hopkins at 160 and Jones at 175.

Joe was happy making millions fighting less than stella opponents.

It took Hatton 39 fights to get Tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post
                  Fury has a chin that Makes Khan seem like LaMotta.

I see Fury get stopped twice as an amateur and once knocked out cold.
                  You got to be kidding me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra 2K9 View Post
                    You got to be kidding me.

No he lost twice in the Olympic trials once brutally ko`d.

Comment

Working...
                    X