No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn is a despicable liar.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Hearn is a despicable liar.

Basically threw Anthony Joshua under the bus Saturday night. Same as he did with Kell Brook, same as he did with Rocky Fielding. Same thing he's done many times over. I did not in a million years expect him to do it to AJ though. And for the record, I am not an AJ fan so don't start with that bollocks.

AJ's whole training camp sounds like it was a mess. Too many stories now about him getting hurt in sparring, it seems common knowledge in the industry. I find it hard to see how he sustained all three injuries to his face whilst wearing a headguard? Swollen, bruised and scabbed left cheekbone, swollen, bruised and some kinda infection to right eyelid, and a cut on the bridge of his nose?

Terrible training camp. Injured in sparring, even possibly having a concussion. Having a panic attack in the dressing room and his own father wanting him pulled out of the fight. It's too much. There was clearly things not right. Everyone has said it, even haters. The neck massaging, doing the same with his legs between rounds, the vacant way AJ was acting and talking to his trainer, interracting with people in the crowd etc.

Eddie Hearn lying about this stuff is the final straw for me. I've never liked the man, been called a hater many a time. But enough is enough. They should have just come out and said it. He has AJ on a super short leash, in fact AJ has been gagged at this point. I don't doubt that the real story will come out eventually.

I am done with Hearn now, will never believe a word he says again. He is a slimey cretin. Even to just say, "yea we had issues but tried to soldier on", is a lot more than just flat denying it. At this point I think the only reason he will continue to deny is because it was him who pulled the trigger on sending AJ out to fight anyway. Fook Eddie Hearns!

P.S. I am a Tyson Fury nuthugger and a Deontay Wilder fan. But I am unbiased enough to call it how I see it. AJ was not right on Saturday night. We did not see AJ at his best in there, very, very far from it actually.

That's part of being a fighter. Can't be cancelling fights because someone isn't 100% confident. If he had been KO'd in sparring though that's a different matter, he wouldn't have been allowed to fight if they had informed the commission which was their duty to do so.

Comment

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If he has any different answer post-fight then he would get killed for making excuses. Now he's getting killed for saying Joshua lost fair and square. Can't win either way apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        Basically threw Anthony Joshua under the bus Saturday night. Same as he did with Kell Brook, same as he did with Rocky Fielding. Same thing he's done many times over. (...)
        ... Hearn is running a business... and that is how he thinks he should run it: making the best possible fights... no matter the outcome is... (I don't say that he's "right" or "wrong")...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... Hearn is running a business... and that is how he thinks he should run it: making the best possible fights... no matter the outcome is... (I don't say that he's "right" or "wrong")...
          Kell Brook, undefeated IBF champion from 147lb vs. a peak 160lb Gennady Golovkin? Just to "save the show"? Rocky Fielding vs. Saul Alvarez? Anthony Joshua having a mental breakdown and running about his dressing room screaming, then being sent out anyway vs. Andy Ruiz Jr? Bearing in mind that AJ had been getting slated for weeks for fighting a "fat bum", even by Americans. You call these the best possible fights?

Comment

Kell Brook, undefeated IBF champion from 147lb vs. a peak 160lb Gennady Golovkin? Just to "save the show"? Rocky Fielding vs. Saul Alvarez? [b[Anthony Joshua having a mental breakdown and running about his dressing room screaming, then being sent out anyway vs. Andy Ruiz Jr? Bearing in mind that AJ had been getting slated for weeks for fighting a "fat bum", even by Americans. You call these the best possible fights?[/b]
            You being serious right now?

Let’s pretend all the rumors ARE true. What was Eddie going to do? Cancel the match when Andy is already in the ring? Because of a panic attack? Lawsuit from Ruiz camp, everyone gets their money back, likely and then some for the traveling people, and when the news comes out that it was because AJ had anxiety facing Andy f’king Ruiz Jr. would have destroyed his rep way worse than it is now. Joshua’s fans were heckling Ruiz at the weigh in 24 hours earlier, and then they’re being told they won’t see the main event because AJ is SCARED?!?

Jesus you’ve got me sticking up for Eddie Hearn here. there really is a first for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              You being serious right now?

Let’s pretend all the rumors ARE true. What was Eddie going to do? Cancel the match when Andy is already in the ring? Because of a panic attack? Lawsuit from Ruiz camp, everyone gets their money back, likely and then some for the traveling people, and when the news comes out that it was because AJ had anxiety facing Andy f’king Ruiz Jr. would have destroyed his rep way worse than it is now. Joshua’s fans were heckling Ruiz at the weigh in 24 hours earlier, and then they’re being told they won’t see the main event because AJ is SCARED?!?

Jesus you’ve got me sticking up for Eddie Hearn here. there really is a first for everything.
              Having a panic attack is serious business. Many even requiring medical attention and some form of treatment and aftercare. In fact, if the stories turn out to be true, it is almost criminal what people are saying happened. You remember Oliver McCall having a mental breakdown against Lennox Lewis? Yea, that chit is dangerous.

Comment

Kell Brook, undefeated IBF champion from 147lb vs. a peak 160lb Gennady Golovkin? Just to "save the show"? Rocky Fielding vs. Saul Alvarez? Anthony Joshua having a mental breakdown and running about his dressing room screaming, then being sent out anyway vs. Andy Ruiz Jr? Bearing in mind that AJ had been getting slated for weeks for fighting a "fat bum", even by Americans. You call these the best possible fights?
                I'll tell you again: that's the way this guy is handling his business... he's not some Al Haymon who feels that he has to protect his roster... (and, tbh, I think that Hearn is losing his grip...)

Comment

Having a panic attack is serious business. Many even requiring medical attention and some form of treatment and aftercare. In fact, if the stories turn out to be true, it is almost criminal what people are saying happened. You remember Oliver McCall having a mental breakdown against Lennox Lewis? Yea, that chit is dangerous.
                  I’ve worked through anxiety attacks. I know many people who have and still continue to do so.

If you want to say that Eddie gave Joshua some Valium or Xanax before the fight, then you’d have a better argument.

Comment

People don’t want to hear that **** after a big fight. It comes off as excuse making. They fought he lost end of story. The bigger issue for me is why have the rematch in the UK? AJ was supposed to conquer the US. Now it’s more like I lost now I’m taking my ball and going home. Not a good look in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X