Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why Sergio Martinez vs Andre Ward at 160 doesnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain why Sergio Martinez vs Andre Ward at 160 doesnt make sense?

It will create enough interest and hype to sell more than a Pavlik fight.

Sergio is a pound for pound elite.

Legacy wise Ward needs this to revive whatever is left of a tainted/suspect/arguably "well manipulated" career (i.e Ward fighting at home)

Not since the great Roberto Duran has it been achieved.

Hard work and a great belief in GOD wins fight -That's from Ward himself

If Sergio gets beat Ward's career/legacy will be underwhelming considering how his fans hype him up to be.

That would be a great fight..But I beleive Ward is moving up if he hasnt already.

Comment

Ward hasn't moved up yet.

Comment

I believe Ward has said he can't make 160 and Martinez' people think he will lose to Ward if he goes up to 168.

Comment

Andre Ward can't make 160.

Comment

Then its probably cause Sergio doesnt want any part of Ward or vice versa..I like Ward alot..he is special.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
              Then its probably cause Sergio doesnt want any part of Ward or vice versa..I like Ward alot..he is special.
              Ward can't make 160 as far as I can tell and Martinez' team has admitted he would lose at 168 to Ward. There is no shame in that given Ward is like 9 years younger than Martinez and maybe the best fighter in the world, but it would have brought some excitement to those weight classes.

Comment

Martinez is a small mw who can make 154 and he never fought at 168. Ward cant make 160. End thread.

Comment

Actually.. Ward himself said he COULD make 160 but it just wouldnt be good for him (Probably showing respect to Serg saying he needs to be at his best to fight him) but he also said realistically, Serg is too small to fight him, seeing as he feels hes outgrowing 168.

These guys know its not a winnable fight in their respective classes. We know Martinez would probably stop a very drained Ward and Ward would manhadle serg at 168. I'm personally not interested in this fight to be honest. 8 pounds is huge for a guy presumably Cutting just to make his own limit (Ward) and a guy who probably doesnt even Cut to make his (Serg). Ward doesnt need Martinez. Hes young enough and dominant enough where all his winning will eventually speak for itself. Hes fighting top opposition. Theres nobody really in the p4p discussion in his range because he beats them before they get there...

Comment

Sergio is the man but ward is way to clinical for him imo!!

Comment

Working...
                    X