• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez III official scorecard and punch stats

Gareth A Davies
    The Telegraph
    November 13th, 2011

Here's the official scorecard from Pacquiao-Marquez III. The judges concurred on 6 of the 12 rounds – 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

The Telegraph had it as a draw, 114-114. I gave Pacquiao rounds 3,4,6,10,11 and 12; Marquez 1,2,5,7,8 and 9.

Here are the punch statistics:
    Pacquiao ————- Marquez
    578 TOTAL PUNCHES 436
    176 TOTAL PUNCHES CONN 138
    304 JABS THROWN 182
    58 JABS CONN. 38
    274 POWER PUN THROWN 254
    117 POWER PUN CONN. 100

AVERAGE PER ROUND: Pacquiao landed 17 per round from 49 thrown, Marquez 11 from 36 thrown.

On final analysis, in a close fight there are always doubts. The judges make a decision based on individual rounds and hand their scores in each round. Over the generality of the fight, Marquez looked the more impressive; Pacquiao came on strong at the end. But all judging is subjective.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/g...d-punch-stats/
    Last edited by ThunderWolf; 11-13-2011, 07:37 PM.

the associated press and espn also had it a draw.

i guess they were also paid off by arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
      the associated press and espn also had it a draw.

i guess they were also paid off by arum.
      I agree, I also have it a draw. But for all the e-diots out there, a draw means Manny still wins by being the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
        I agree, I also have it a draw. But for all the e-diots out there, a draw means Manny still wins by being the champion.
        What world are you living in? A draw does not mean that "Manny still wins by being the champion", it means that Manny retains his belt. You do understand that a "draw" doesn't magically appear as a "W" on someone's record, right?

Comment

Working...
        X