• Show
Clear All

• [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] Shane Mosley ”I’m coming to knockout Berto”

Shane Mosley ”I’m coming to knockout Berto”
    Posted on Dec. 11th, 2009
    By: Albert Alvarez

Shane Mosley Exclusive Interview

So what’s up Shane, how have you been?

SM- I’m doing good, just getting ready to get it on against Berto.

I gotta tell you that I’m a bit worried about this fight. I mean I feel that Andre Berto along with Timothy Bradley are the closest thing to a younger you. It’s almost like fighting a younger you.

SM- Right, but the thing is that when I see Berto, I see a guy that makes mistakes, mistakes that I will take advantage of. Berto is a good young fighter who is fast and has a good right uppercut, but at that age I was a bit more polished than he is.

Yes, Berto does have a great right uppercut, which reminds me. Yesterday, I had an interview with Jeff Mayweather and I asked him on this fight between you and Berto and he feels that if Berto can keep touching you with that right then you will be in trouble against a young fast explosive guy like Berto.

SM- People forget about the experience that I bring to the table though, the experience that I bring will be a huge difference in this fight. I have been there and done that. I have been in there with guys like Oscar, Margarito, and many other strong fighters. I have spent my entire youth sparring against alot of strong and tough Mexican fighters that kept coming at me, so I know what it takes. I know how to swim when the water gets deep. I have sparred with guys like Julio Cesar Chavez, Zack Padilla, and Azumah Nelson when I was still in my teens so trust me when I tell you that I know what it takes.

In the Collazo fight, it seemed that Berto got it together towards the end…

SM- Yeah, but Collazo was walking him down. Collazo took it to him.

What was your take when you heard DiBella and them say that Margarito made you look better than you actually are?

SM- Well I feel that Berto would have gotten beat by Margarito. We all saw Collazo and Rivera rock Berto, and Margarito hits harder than that. On top of that, Margarito keeps coming and coming, that alone would have defeated Berto because he wouldn’t have known what to do against a guy that keeps coming at him.

Even is sparring, I have heard guys like Robert Guerrero say that you are very intense, a real beast.

SM- [Laughing] Robert is a great kid, very good fighter, I like him.

So is it safe to say that you are predicting a knockout victory over Berto?

SM- Of course. I always go for the knockout. I am coming to knockout Berto.

Last question, Mayweather/Pacquiao, who wins it?

SM- It’s going to be interesting. I’m a little iffy about it. Pacquiao is very strong and fast. Southpaw fighters have shown to trouble Mayweather. Then again though, Mayweather can and will box Pacquiao and keep away from him by dictating his space. Mayweather can make it a snoozer, a snooze fest, we’ll see. Thanks for the call Albert, take care and don’t miss the fight. Talk to you later.

thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by magatte View Post
      thanks man!
      No problem bro!

Comment

I believe once that water get deep berto will be shark food

Comment

Berto is gettin' KTFO.....this will be a very brutal KO......the type that Abe and Manny put on JT and Hatton......trust me!!

Comment

When fighters get to this age they sometimes get old over night. I hope that doesn't happen to Mosely. I'd like to see him KO Berto.

Comment

it really doesnt matter if shane gets old over night andre isn't built for what shane can dish out

Comment

I think Mosleys gonna win but he needs to be careful. Very careful. He's 38 years old and the key to defeat Berto is the speed, I hope Shane still has got his fast hands.

Comment

I predict berto wil beat shane

Comment

In the lead up to the Margarito fight Mosley said that he thought that Berto would be the tougher fight based on styles. Here he said that he thought the version of Margarito that he whipped would beat Berto. Not the exact same thing, but that does sound a little inconsistent. I think Margarito would've killed Berto myself, even though people say stupid **** like Mosley's win over Margarito is smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Working...
                    X