Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Peterson/Matthysse a good fight to get someone interested in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Peterson/Matthysse a good fight to get someone interested in boxing?

I am trying to get one of my friends interested in boxing. He is a casual fan and is having a fight party at his place for Mayweather/Guerrero but he only watches the mega fights and I am trying to make him more of a hardcore or knowledgeable boxing fan. I am going to invite him over for Peterson/Matthysse is this a good fight to get him interested in do you think? I was also thinking about telling him to come over for Maidana vs Lopez.

You missed two big chances with Bradley-Ruslan and Rios-Alvarado; he would have been a converted boxing fan after those two bouts, and would probably be here posting and bickering with the rest of us by now.

Anyways, yes, I do think Mattysse will be a great fight, with potential casual fan friendly firepower.

Comment

Of course it is. Just have him keep his eyes on Matthysse and tell him to be on the lookout for the legal fornication that will ensue in the ring.
      Last edited by thuggery; 04-25-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Yeah definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          You missed two big chances with Bradley-Ruslan and Rios-Alvarado; he would have been a converted boxing fan after those two bouts, and would probably be here posting and bickering with the rest of us by now.

Anyways, yes, I do think Mattysse will be a great fight, with potential casual fan friendly firepower.
          i know that would have been nice but i did not know he was into boxing at that time just found out last week while i was talking to him

Comment

I think this fight will be a GREAT fight!!!! very entertaining, definitely should cater to the casual fan.

It's so hard to get people into boxing, most people in general are stubborn as hell and think they know everything about boxing after seeing a Mayweather fight, or that theres only one style ...Brawling..... Education is the key to boxings popularity IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle
              I think this fight will be a GREAT fight!!!! very entertaining, definitely should cater to the casual fan.

It's so hard to get people into boxing, most people in general are stubborn as hell and think they know everything about boxing after seeing a Mayweather fight, or that theres only one style ...Brawling..... Education is the key to boxings popularity IMO.
              Its hard to get friends (mine at least) to watch anything that isn't a mindless brawl. Peterson Matthysse is going to be great for everybody though

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

peterson/matthysse will def be an entertaining fight. maidana/lopez is another good one. if anything, you should download some of the more recent fights that have been exciting and tell him to watch them. like someone mentioned, bradley/provodnikov and rios/alvarado 2 were great. tell him to check those out.

Comment

Something tells me Peterson's going to be running a lot in this fight.

Tell your friend to watch Garcia vs. Judah. Garcia is always in entertaining fights. His last 3 fights were explosive. Judah is good for the first 4 rounds until he fads.

Comment

Since he's already ordering May-Ghost, just explain the undercard to him. Mares vs. Ponce and Santa Cruz vs. anyone should be good fights, even for a newbie.

Comment

Working...
                    X