No announcement yet.

Froch agrees to neutral venue.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch agrees to neutral venue.

CARL FROCH will face Arthur Abraham in Monaco on October 2.

The Cobra had feared he would be forced to travel to Germany, Arthur's adopted homeland, for the crucial Super Six clash.
    But the former WBC super-middleweight champion agreed to the neutral venue of the French principality after weeks of intense negotiations.
    Froch, 33, said: "I'm training hard already for King Arthur.
    "I respect what the man brings to the table but I'm going out there to knock off Abraham's crown."
    Froch needs a victory to guarantee his place in the semi-finals of the Super Six.
    He dropped the WBC title to Mikkel Kessler in his last outing but is determined to finish the tournament's group stage on a high.
    The Nottingham slugger added: "Make no mistake about it, I fully appreciate the threat that Abraham presents to me in this fight.
    "Whenever two warriors go into battle there will be bloodshed.
    "But there will be only one victor in Monaco — and that will be the Cobra."
    Abraham currently sits a point above Froch in the Super Six table with three points.
    He knocked out Jermain Taylor in his opening bout and could still make it into the final four even if he loses to Froch.
    But King Arthur is in no mood to mess around after he was controversially disqualified against Andre Dirrell.
    He said: "I cannot wait to get back in the ring. I am thrilled that the date and the venue have been set.
    "I must admit that the disqualification against Dirrell still haunts me. Only a victory over Froch can put my mind at rest.
    "I was ringside when he fought against Kessler and I must say I was impressed with both men.
    "They really fought their hearts out. Froch is a hell of a fighter but so am I.
    "This will be the biggest, most important fight of my career and I will put on a special performance to please the boxing fans all over the world."
    Froch and Kessler will go toe-to-toe at the Chapiteau de Fontvielle in Monte Carlo.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0tqTtcFz1

Lets get it on.

Can't wait to see if Froch is able to follow Dirrel's blueprint. Slipping AA's right, fast feet, dancing around the ring.

Comment

What do you mean Froch agrees to the neutral venue? Froch has been saying for months he wants a neutral venue (North America or the like...). The only person that has been adamant that it happens in Germany is Saurerland.

Anyway, good that it's all sorted.

Comment

I've been waiting for a minute to see Froch get brutally KTFO.

Comment

carl froch is the best english fiter of all time. he better than hatton

Comment

Originally posted by davidoff View Post
            Can't wait to see if Froch is able to follow Dirrel's blueprint. Slipping AA's right, fast feet, dancing around the ring.
            Laught my ass off; yes I had to spell it out.

Comment

Originally posted by davidoff View Post
              LMFAO.

Froch is going to get KTFO.

Comment

I think someone is getting ko'd away from home.

Comment

Working...
                X