No announcement yet.

if lomachenko wins he's not p4p#1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if lomachenko wins he's not p4p#1

is this a double standard? i feel like if lomo wins he's not pound for pound number 1. but if rigo wins he's p4p king.

it's like lomachenko has every single thing in his favor to absolute win to the highest degree (provided mostly by the promotional boxing system) 2 class weight disadvantage, Arums hell bent actions on getting him banned, rigos titles being stripped. the list is endless for the **** to be given to the guy.

if lomo wanted to be p4p1 he should have fought garcia & already king crawford? not a fight that you have most of all of the advantages in? thats why i feel like rigo is p4p number 1 with a win on lomo and lomo is not with a win on rigo.

but great fight none the less.......just had to talk some sense with what we're actually dealing with here.
    Last edited by Godsfly; 12-09-2017, 01:29 AM.

I'm sorry, but if one is being objective, they can't give credit to one boxer for accomplishing a specific feat but then not give credit to another boxer for accomplishing the same feat.

Rigondeaux accepted the fight against Lomachenko. He accepted the stipulations and rules. Despite him potentially being at a disadvantage. Therefore, if Lomachenko beats Rigondeaux, then he deserves just as much credit as Rigondeaux does for beating Lomachenko.

So either both are P4P number 1 in terms of whoever wins between the two or neither are P4P 1 for winning. Makes sense either way to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
      I'm sorry, but if one is being objective, they can't give credit to one boxer for accomplishing a specific feat but then not give credit to another boxer for accomplishing the same feat.

Rigondeaux accepted the fight against Lomachenko. He accepted the stipulations and rules. Despite him potentially being at a disadvantage. Therefore, if Lomachenko beats Rigondeaux, then he deserves just as much credit as Rigondeaux does for beating Lomachenko.

So either both are P4P number 1 in terms of whoever wins between the two or neither are P4P 1 for winning. Makes sense either way to me!
      no it doesn't.......when 1 fighter is against all odds and if he actually wins thats more impressive then the other having most of all of the advantages while winning. it's basic human nature laws of nature rather u like it or not. anyone who argues what i wrote are completly bias and illogical to any point of realty.
      Last edited by Godsfly; 12-09-2017, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Honestly, even old inactive and small Rigo is a better win than ANYBODY at 130 and 135 (with the exception of Mikey) because the skill gap is that big

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
          no it doesn't.......when 1 fighter is against all odds and if he actually wins thats more impressive then the other having most of all of the advantages while winning. it's basic human nature laws of nature rather u like it or not. anyone who argues what i wrote are completly bias and illogical to any point of realty.
          Again, your reasoning is flawed. If Rigondeaux accepts a boxing match against Lomachenko (despite his supposed disadvantages) and then proceeds to actually competing against him in the same ring. Then it tells us that Rigondeaux is confident in his own abilities / strengths and it also tells us that he isn't too worried about his supposed 'disadvantages'. Otherwise, Rigondeaux wouldn't even bother accepting a match against Lomachenko (Lomachenko didn't call Rigondeaux out first. Nor is Rigondeaux forced to box against Lomachenko. It is his own choice!)

Who knows better in regards to how much disadvantage a boxer faces? You or the boxer himself? Are you implying you know what disadvantages rigondeaux has, more than Rigondeaux himself?

If Rigondeaux doesn't feel like he is in much of a disadvantage (by accepting / agreeing to box against Lomachenko in the first place) then who are you to argue about supposed disadvantages?

Comment

We all wanted this fight to happen, didn't we? We all knew that Loma was the bigger man so there's no point going on about the weight. Rigo obviously feels confident about the weight disadvantage so lets all just enjoy this incredible fight. The winner is definitely one of the best P4P.

Comment

and if some one else thinks oppossite, you guys dumb and know nothing about boxing...really?

every single cup cake that knows boxing here, have to create new Thread dissing loma. who else? theres still some time before the fight.

well guys, im here jsut to point obvios..the weight issues, age difference etc.. just get lost already. may the best man win. if its Rigo - then great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                What????

Is Loma moving up 2 weight classes at 37 years too???

So they aren't "accomplishing the same feat".

?????

Either way I have TC #1 with Loma/Rigo #2 and #3. Kovy and Canelo close out top 5 for me

Comment

The weight difference wouldn't have been as bad if Rigo fought Loma at 126 when he had the chance. Lomachenkdoe's fault doe!

Anyway, I don't really use P4P lists as they are subjective. I couldn't care less where you put Loma after this.

I have a feeling this fight will look similar to the Gamboa Crawford fight. Loma will get outboxed but the size difference will prove too much and Rigo will get stopped. Side note-a lot of people tend to ignore the fact that Gamboa was outboxing Crawford for most of the fight. That is when he wasn't dancing all over the ring and on the canvass.

Comment

Rigondeaux is not at his best (probably) but he's still a great scalp if Loma gets the win. I'll take Rigondeaux, Walters and Russell Jr as a trio of wins over Gamboa, Postol and Indongo any day

Comment

Working...
                    X