Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Welterweight division be dead..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Welterweight division be dead..

when the elites retire?

Pac/Floyd/Marquez pretty much rule the division atm. the division is getting weaker as these guys wrecked most of the fighters from 2008 - 2012 i don't see anyone at the moment who will rule the division once these guys are gone. don't get me wrong there will still be loads of competitive fights but i don't see a king of the division popping up soon. i kind of think it's dieing already tbh
    who do you think has the best chance to rule the division when these guys retire?
    What division will be the most exciting?
    Last edited by Juof; 04-29-2013, 07:10 PM.

All the top guys at 140 will be moving up soon.

Comment

There certainly won't be anyone of their caliber. The division should still be exciting though.

Guerrero
      Bradley
      Alexander
      Ortiz
      Berto
      Maidana
      Thurman
      Khan
      Garcia

Not great talent, but competitive fights. Guys from 140 can move up, and I'm probably forgetting fighters too.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        There certainly won't be anyone of their caliber. The division should still be exciting though.

Guerrero
        Bradley
        Alexander
        Ortiz
        Berto
        Maidana
        Thurman
        Khan
        Garcia

Not great talent, but competitive fights. Guys from 140 can move up, and I'm probably forgetting fighters too.

it would be a shame if all that B-level talent start acting like mega stars and fights dont get made

the only thing that would make that division relevant is if everyone fought each other

Comment

oh lawd...i just had a visual on what a Thurman-Khan fight might look like

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            oh lawd...i just had a visual on what a Thurman-Khan fight might look like
            Over/under of ten minutes before Khan wakes up. I'd take the over.

Comment

biscuit chin has no business moving to 147 unless he wants to retire before he's 30

Comment

There's only 1 real WW at 147 and thats Thurman. Everybody else moved up

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Over/under of ten minutes before Khan wakes up. I'd take the over.

they should let Amir wear a neck brace going into that fight

Comment

WW rarely gets cold, when it does it's for a short period of time. Like it might go 1 year at a time being cold, but then JWW and JMW make up for it. And when WW is good, JWW is also but 154 sucks. Right now it's the rare time that all three are actually pretty good 140-154. Even 160 is not that bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X