No announcement yet.

HELP Hand hurts every single time I hit the mitts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Hand hurts every single time I hit the mitts

Anybody else had this problem? And how did you fix it?

INFO:

1. It's just my right hand, left is fine.

2. Using 12 ounce Everlast gloves. I'm at 147.

3. The pain is NOT at my knuckles. It's in the middle joints if you know what I mean. Like when I make a fist, those joints hurt.

4. NO wrist pain whatsoever.

5. This problem has built up over time. At first there was no pain. After weeks it started to hurt. Months it hurts like a mother****er.

6. Hurts most when throwing the right straight.

**** I'VE ALREADY TRIED:

1. TECHNIQUE: Trainer (former boxer) says my right straight is good. Went to another trainer at another gym says my technique is fine.

2. Tried TITLE 12 ounce gloves. Hurts a little less, but it still hurts.

3. Tried resting. I didn't box for like a week and a half-- my hand felt fight so went back yesterday. Hand hurt immediately afterwards.

HELP

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sounds like some kind of tendonitis.

so one of the tendons in your hand has become inflamed/injured, probably from overuse. often happens when you just start something new or start doing something more often.

not sure on how to fix it. iceing it would help, probably need to rest it for a long time (which if your like me isn't going to happen), then work on strengthening it.

anyway best of luck, injuries suck balls.

Comment

Rest and switch to 16oz gloves.

I don't know why you guys love training with 10oz and 12oz gloves....you should ALWAYS have 16oz training gloves on in the gym.

Because they protect your wrists and hands from what you are complaining about and because you want a heavy feel so when you do fight, those smaller gloves will feel like you have nothing on.

All my fighters train with nothing but 16oz gloves all the time and with a mouth piece in even if they aren't sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Rest and switch to 16oz gloves.

I don't know why you guys love training with 10oz and 12oz gloves....you should ALWAYS have 16oz training gloves on in the gym.

Because they protect your wrists and hands from what you are complaining about and because you want a heavy feel so when you do fight, those smaller gloves will feel like you have nothing on.

All my fighters train with nothing but 16oz gloves all the time and with a mouth piece in even if they aren't sparring.
        Thanks I will give that a shot.

Comment

you could also try wrapping differently. at least, wrap the middle of your hand not too tight, so ur bones don't squeeze together and can't flex ur hand muscles correctly when you punch, and instead wrap it more in the length of your hand to transfer the energy of the punch. wrap ur wrist three times overlapping down ur arm so it's like a sleeve around ur wrist. this will keep it from bending etc.

so my advice: try a different wrapping technique, not too tight!

Comment

I used to get the same thing but on my fingers! when i went to the doctor is said and excuse the spelling its celulitus! basically its the same as fat chicks get in there legs but you get it in your hands. Dont think im calling you fat because im not but see a doctor. when i had it simple antibiotics help ow and im not fat either.

Comment

These sort of pains are natural when you box. After you have boxed for many years like me, when you get my age, your hands are never the same.

I have constant wrist pain and hand pain, there's nothing I can do. I basically just ice my wrist after workouts and maybe take an ibuprofen for the swelling once in a while.

It's something that will never go away and typing constantly at work makes it 10X worse. I wear like a wrist brace at work because it keeps my wrist straight and helps out a lot.

Part of boxing, something you have to deal with. Like I said, just make sure you wrap your hands correctly and use 16oz gloves. You should really not use 10oz or 12oz gloves for anything other than an actual fight. Especially when hitting the mitts or heavy bag, look at videos of the pro's, they almost always have on 16oz winning gloves because they don't want to injure themselves.

Comment

Switching to 16oz. gloves is a very good idea. And make sure it's a high quality pair of gloves.

Almost everyone will agree with me that Ringside IMF Tech training gloves are one of the best gloves out there.

I get mine from ebay:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Comment

My right hand hurts as well. I hit the heavy bag with bag mitts though, and none of this 12 or160z gloves talk. I dont know how many oz my bag mitts are and i dont think you talk about mitts in terms of weight.

Ive tried stretching my fingers and hand exercises to try and help me.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    My right hand hurts as well. I hit the heavy bag with bag mitts though, and none of this 12 or160z gloves talk. I dont know how many oz my bag mitts are and i dont think you talk about mitts in terms of weight.

Ive tried stretching my fingers and hand exercises to try and help me.
                    Those bag "mitts" aren't suggested for use on the heavybags. They are commonly seen being used on punch mitts and double end bags, even shadowboxing.

I see almost no pro boxers use bag mitts on the heavybag. They always use either 8oz-10oz pro fight gloves, 10oz-12oz amateur competition gloves, 10oz-16oz super bag gloves, and most commonly, 14oz-18oz training/sparring gloves.

Comment

Working...
                    X