The Jake's new training regimine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jake's new training regimine

Ok - I'm now working again.

I got some money (not much but some) so I'm back at training.

I still can't afford a gym membership and training at HOC so basically my equipment is a decent squat rack with a pulley system up to 200 lbs and dumbells up to 85lbs and freeweights to support up to maybe 450-500lbs (pretty decent for a dojo - don't often find a decent gym in a dojo).

Anyway, after going back to BJJ, I find that the heavy weights, even sporadically (3-4 days/week) + BJJ has triggered tendonitis again.

So I've been looking at my training program and this is what I'm thinking of...

Weights:
    Split program over 3 days a week, full body, moderate repetitions (12-20 reps). No heavy/direct presses.

I'd like to do weights more often but until I get a dedicated gym membership and can train in the mornings, this will do.

IDEALLY I want to try and do weights 5 or 6 days a week, and work each bodypart twice/week. I wouldn't be going so heavy that I would hurt myself but just do a lot of sets/reps to really blast the body.

Martial arts:
    Want to try and do 1 boxing and kickboxing class/week,
    At least 1 BJJ class,
    as well as the new NHB class Oleg is starting up at HOC.

My plan is to just condition my body at this point.

I want to burn fat and condition my body for greater endurance. Power I'm happy with for now. I've lost some of my raw power but I can always train for that later. I would rather focus on technique and endurance now anyway.

Any thoughts/advice on this? I'll post the program I'm thinking in a sec.

Thanks,

- J.

Here's the program...

Day 1 Chest/Back/Shoulders

Incline Dumbells supersetted with Lateral Pulldowns
    Flat Dumbells supersetted with Seated rows
    Dumbell Flyes supersetted with Good Mornings
    (30 sec rest between each superset, 3 sets per exercise, 12-20 reps)

Arnold Presses
    Front Raises
    Side Raises
    Bent over lateral raises
    (3 sets, 12-20 reps, 30 sec rest inbetween sets)

- Goal here is to work these all as one unit. I want to focus heavily on building up my shoulders, hence the fourth exercise. Also doing good mornings to focus strengthening lower back.

Day 2 Arms

Standing dumbell Curls
    One arm preacher curls
    Rope Pulls (Hammer Curl style grip)
    Concentration Curls
    (3 sets, 12-20 reps, 30 sec rest in between sets)

Dips
    One arm tricep pulldowns
    Overhead tricep presses
    (3 sets, 12-20 reps, 30 sec rest in between sets)

Farmer walks
    Reverse Forearm curls
    (3 sets each, sixty seconds on farmer walks, 12-20 reps on curls)

- I have singled out the biceps for targeting here because I feel they need the work, hence the fourth exercise for biceps. I don't want to stress my triceps out with heavy presses. I may even cut out the overhead presses and keep it to dips and tricep pulldowns. The triceps feel severly overworked lately.

Day 3 - Legs/Abs

Squats
    Lunges
    (Squats, 3 sets of 12-20, with 30 sec rest, Lunges 20-30 reps, 30 sec rest between 3 sets)

Standing Calf Raises
    Seated Calf Raises
    (3 sets each, 20-30 reps, 30 sec rest)

Ab crunches
    Ab leg raises
    Oblique twists
    (3 sets to failure, guessing around 50-100 reps a set?)

- I can squat anywhere from 400-450 atm. I don't feel a great need to do a lot on legs. I squat about 275-300 for reps, so I will keep doing that atm, and do lunges to round out the leg work. Lunges are great for building and shaping quads, hamstrings and glutes. I do this with my own body weight.

Any feedback welcomed and appreciated.

Comment

sounds preety dam goood

Comment

Jake you are the man, and you are an inspiration to me.

I know that whith work and time i could be like you.

Comment

Working...
        X