Zab Judah 147
    Baldomir 147

Oscar de La Hoya 154
    Ricky Hatton 147

JMM 147

Mosely 147

Ortiz 147

Cotto 154

I believe the toughest fights here are DLH (2007) at 154 and Cotto (2012) at 154.

The question is, how would the following welterweight fighters do against Mayweather's resume (in context)?

Cotto
    Felix Trinidad
    Paul Williams
    Margarito
    Pacquiao
    Any other fighters you think could have done well against this opposition...
    Last edited by BafanaBafana; 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM. Reason: I'm gonna throw Cotto in there too!

My take:
    Felix Trinidad: (9-0) 7-8 KOs
    Paul Williams: (9-0) 3-4 KOs
    Margarito: (6-3) 5 KOs; loses to Cotto (UD/MD), Mosely (UD/TKO9), De la Hoya (UD)
    Pacquiao: (8-1-0) 5 KOs; loses to Cotto (UD/MD); close fight with JMM
    Cotto (can't fight himself): (7-1-0) 4 KOs; loses to De La Hoya (MD/UD)
    Last edited by BafanaBafana; 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM. Reason: Cotto

Comment

Trinidad runs through all of them, DLH would still be troublesome but he takes a beating, especially with that version of Oscar being more stationary. Truth be told that one would have lived up to the hype, more so than the first fight.

Williams beats them all except Oscar, Oscar knocks him out.

Pacquiao loses to both Cotto and Oscar at 154, Oscar stops him.

Margarito loses to Mosley, Oscar and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
        My take:
        Margarito: (6-3) 5 KOs; loses to Cotto (UD/MD), Mosely (UD/TKO9), De la Hoya (UD)
        man Pac beat Cotto at any weight. it's a matter of simple principle, Pac's never fighting at 154 for anyone much less a guy he destroyed. Cotto is probably better at 150 than at 154, and he didnt want it there, after asking for 150 6 months earlier and requesting it from one eyed Marg.

Comment

Some of the most intriguing match-ups here are:

Margarito (2007-08) vs. De la Hoya (2007) at 154
          Pacquiao vs Cotto (2012) at 154
          Cotto vs De La Hoya (2007) at 154

Comment

When its broken down like that its so easy to see just how bad his level of competition has been. In 8 years that is all he has fought?

And I know people will say they was #1 or #2 at the time but that is only because he has waited years for the division(s) to thin out.

''Its his 4th weight class'' Please!

Lets face it he wasted most of his prime. I can't support the guy any longer and haven't for years, hes a joke.

Mitchell, Boldomir, Ortiz Cotto, 40yr old Mosley.

Just names when he fought them. Err. Just retire, I cba spending the next 3 years listening to Larry defend the **** you fight.

Comment

For the record I feel Williams, Trinidad, go through them all undefeated.
              Pacquaio has 1 loss to JMM.

I feel many, many others throughout the years go through all of those undefeated too taking into consideration when he fought most of them.

Comment

Any version of Pacquaio destroys any version of Cotto.

Only fighter who goes through that resume undefeated IMO is Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                  My take:
                  Cotto (can't fight himself): (7-1-0) 4 KOs; loses to De La Hoya (MD/UD)

i'm not sure if you know this, but manny fought cotto and beat the f#cking tar out of him...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    When its broken down like that its so easy to see just how bad his level of competition has been. In 8 years that is all he has fought?

And I know people will say they was #1 or #2 at the time but that is only because he has waited years for the division(s) to thin out.

''Its his 4th weight class'' Please!

Lets face it he wasted most of his prime. I can't support the guy any longer and haven't for years, hes a joke.

Mitchell, Boldomir, Ortiz Cotto, 40yr old Mosley.

Just names when he fought them. Err. Just retire, I cba spending the next 3 years listening to Larry defend the **** you fight.
                    Please don't ruin a potentially good thread with this ****. There are plenty of "**** on Floyd" threads that this post would fit right at home in.

Comment

Working...
                    X