This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Blacks get a pass on Racism?

Let's face it, if I call a black man a "nigger" or a "coon." People will immediately jump on me and call me racist (and right so,)
    But how about when a black man calls a white person a "cracker" it's not look on as racism?

This isn't a hate thread, I genuinely want to hear peoples opinions on this.

I understand some black people are still going by the whole slavery situation and may think their racists views are justified but blacks who are racists are just as ignorant as any other racists.

Take for example BET, thats some of the most racist shit you'll ever see towards whites and it's looked opinion as being funny?
    You can bet your ass if there was WET (White Entertainment TV) it would be considered racist.

I just watched some clips from awhile back on BET and I must say I was fucking sickened by it and how it was accepted,
    The Host made 'white jokes', several presenters/recipients (including Alicia Keys) gushed about how beautiful and great Black people are, even saying 'everyone wants to be like us (black)', and several times they told the audience to vote for Obama (presumably just because he is 'black', not for any policy issue).
    To find out if this is racist, exchange the word 'black' for 'white' and imagine it coming from white entertainers. Can you imagine Billy Crystal hosting the 'white entertainment awards' making black jokes and Celine Dion gushing about how white people were so beautiful and great & how everyone wants to be white?

Everyone give blacks a free pass on this issue because their ancestors were treated horribly in the past. But its 2011. How can we treat each other as equals when the rules are different for some?

u know what it's funny cuz when a black man says something bad about a race they get a free pass but when other race say something about them they all get sensitive and shiet! what's worst is that other people try to act all so righteous and call others out like they are so racist but i know when they are in each others home they go all out on being racist anyway.

Comment

Yeah and as a matter of fact I saw a comment where some black guy was making fun of white guys and calling them "peckerwoods" yet it was perfectly accepted. Idiot people of today...

Comment

Originally posted by Squirtz View Post
        u know what it's funny cuz when a black man says something bad about a race they get a free pass but when other race say something about them they all get sensitive and shiet! what's worst is that other people try to act all so righteous and call others out like they are so racist but i know when they are in each others home they go all out on being racist anyway.
        I feel that as long as groups isolate or identify themselves as belonging to a particular "group" then there will always be racial issues. While groups like the NAACP and United Negro College Fund do amazing work, in the long run they are in a sense continuing to segregate a portion of the population which fans the fire of racism and inequality.

Comment

racism is everywhere not just among black people but black people make it seem like they are so affected by it when they are really not anymore in this generation.

Comment

It's not racist because they can't impose their racism.

At least that's what I'm told.

In my experience, blacks bring up skin color faster than anyone else. Example: Smoking a blunt with a black kid 2 weeks ago. I tell him he's gonna have to roll the blunt because I can't roll. His response is "White people don't know how to roll". I laughed it off cause I don't let petty shit set me off. But I thought it was interesting, imagine me saying "Black people don't know to roll" if the roles were reversed. There would have been a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ASS View Post
              Let's face it, if I call a black man a "nigger" or a "coon." People will immediately jump on me and call me racist (and right so,)
              But how about when a black man calls a white person a "cracker" it's not look on as racism?

This isn't a hate thread, I genuinely want to hear peoples opinions on this.

I understand some black people are still going by the whole slavery situation and may think their racists views are justified but blacks who are racists are just as ignorant as any other racists.

Take for example BET, thats some of the most racist shit you'll ever see towards whites and it's looked opinion as being funny?
              You can bet your ass if there was WET (White Entertainment TV) it would be considered racist.

I just watched some clips from awhile back on BET and I must say I was fucking sickened by it and how it was accepted,
              The Host made 'white jokes', several presenters/recipients (including Alicia Keys) gushed about how beautiful and great Black people are, even saying 'everyone wants to be like us (black)', and several times they told the audience to vote for Obama (presumably just because he is 'black', not for any policy issue).
              To find out if this is racist, exchange the word 'black' for 'white' and imagine it coming from white entertainers. Can you imagine Billy Crystal hosting the 'white entertainment awards' making black jokes and Celine Dion gushing about how white people were so beautiful and great & how everyone wants to be white?

Everyone give blacks a free pass on this issue because their ancestors were treated horribly in the past. But its 2011. How can we treat each other as equals when the rules are different for some?

It amazes me how people don't understand the concept of majority and minority......lol I mean the reason there is no WET is because it's called ABC, CBS, NBC and every other fuking channel on tv. The same reason there is the negro college fund and organizations to help the MINORITY.....do you get that?

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
              It's not racist because they can't impose their racism.

At least that's what I'm told.

In my experience, blacks bring up skin color faster than anyone else. Example: Smoking a blunt with a black kid 2 weeks ago. I tell him he's gonna have to roll the blunt because I can't roll. His response is "White people don't know how to roll". I laughed it off cause I don't let petty shit set me off. But I thought it was interesting, imagine me saying "Black people don't know to roll" if the roles were reversed. There would have been a fight.
              That is going to far, I think white people have a lagit complaint about the ridiculous political correctness going on, I understand that. I also think that because of the history of race in this country, there is sensitive comments that aren't acceptable.

Let's be real here, saying the word ni66er carries much more weight and pain than saying cracker.....for obvious reasons.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    It amazes me how people don't understand the concept of majority and minority......lol I mean the reason there is no WET is because it's called ABC, CBS, NBC and every other fuking channel on tv. The same reason there is the negro college fund and organizations to help the MINORITY.....do you get that?
                    People say NBC, CBS, MTV etc. are in effect 'White Networks' but this is bullshit. MTV & the MTV awards are teeming with black people & you NEVER hear any pro-white speech which is the norm on BET. Yeah Seinfeld didn't have any black people, but how many white people were on 'Girlfriends'?

Comment

Working...
                    X