No announcement yet.

Strengthening the wrists?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strengthening the wrists?

Well I have Mallignaggi hands and wrists. It seems like I get injured everytime I hit the heavy bag. Although I haven't always used the proper protection and support when doing so.

My question is, can anybody recommend any weight exercises I can do which would increase the size of my wrists, thus supporting the joints a bit more in that area?

Dont know about making the wrists bigger but DynaFlex is really awesome for recovery it is a gyroscope that is off weight so you have to use your own strength to keep it kind of stable using your wrist. and perhaps if you exercise durring recovery the joint might get stronger? Im positive if you use it your wrists get stronger when i was rock climbing i would do things like only useing the very tips of my fingers or just thumb and 1 finger and boy would i feel a burn in my hand wrist and forearm veins popping out and what not. i really reccomend picking up one

the whole thing only weights like a pound but at like 9000 rpm its something like 25-30 pounds of resistance for your wrist but its still very low impact its really good for golf biking tennis rock climbing carpel tunnel boxing all kinds of things

http://www.dynaflexpro.com/

Comment

Try doing lots of pushups on your knuckles and on your fingertips.

Comment

Masturbate

Comment

Small dumbells. Lay the back of your hand on a flat surface; lift dumbells with hands only.

Axel Bowen-Dale

Comment

hitting tire with sledgehammer, this helps somewhat and there is a tool that has rope and a bar where you put weight on it and roll it up.... they sell them in any sports store or everlast

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
              Masturbate
              That's why my left hand has never broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post
                Dont know about making the wrists bigger but DynaFlex is really awesome for recovery it is a gyroscope that is off weight so you have to use your own strength to keep it kind of stable using your wrist. and perhaps if you exercise durring recovery the joint might get stronger? Im positive if you use it your wrists get stronger when i was rock climbing i would do things like only useing the very tips of my fingers or just thumb and 1 finger and boy would i feel a burn in my hand wrist and forearm veins popping out and what not. i really reccomend picking up one

the whole thing only weights like a pound but at like 9000 rpm its something like 25-30 pounds of resistance for your wrist but its still very low impact its really good for golf biking tennis rock climbing carpel tunnel boxing all kinds of things

http://www.dynaflexpro.com/
                Originally posted by RedArmySurplus View Post
                Try doing lots of pushups on your knuckles and on your fingertips.
                Originally posted by Esquire Dale View Post
                Small dumbells. Lay the back of your hand on a flat surface; lift dumbells with hands only.

Axel Bowen-Dale
                Originally posted by Marvin6591 View Post
                hitting tire with sledgehammer, this helps somewhat and there is a tool that has rope and a bar where you put weight on it and roll it up.... they sell them in any sports store or everlast
                Cheers guys. Some good advice there.

Comment

Hold your hands out in front of you , open and close them as fast as you can about 50 times , turn your hands around and reapeat right away. 1 rep , repeat 3 to 4 or as many times as you can . Towel pull ups are supposed to be good as well

Comment

Strengthening the wrists?

Keep constantly hitting them in hot sand

Comment

Working...
                    X