No announcement yet.

Italian American Fighters..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian American Fighters..

Throughout most of the sports history, there has never been an era without a big contribution from this unusually tough breed of people..
    We can talk, Marciano, La Motta, Grazziano, Mancini, De Marco, Basillio & many more.. So how's about some P4P top tens for starters, & maybe some memories of the many classic match ups involving these guys.. Should be interesting!

Regards MM

Well the hell did all the Italian American fighters go?

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
      Just like the Jewish fighters and the Irish {American} and many others that were able to seek opportunity in other fields. Boxing tends to be for the desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
        I thought that while posting, & changed my wording, to throughout MOST of boxing history.. Yeah where are they now?? Malignaggi can't be out there on his own.. Surely??

Comment

Vinny Pazienza

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto Rules View Post
            Vinny Pazienza
            He's part of my sig.. I'm big on Vinny.. Just watched a re run of him winning the WBA L/M title against Gilbert Dele.. Just b4 his accident.. This fight has it all.. Looping uppercuts, fainting, taunting, show boating, all culminating in an 11th rnd TKO.. Pazienza's conditioning was absolutely superb.. All done Hector Camacho style, kiss curl included.. Liked watching him bash cocky Honeyghan as well.. I think he'd have cut it in any era.. Paz rocks!
            Last edited by mickey malone; 07-09-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
              Just like the Jewish fighters and the Irish {American} and many others that were able to seek opportunity in other fields. Boxing tends to be for the desperate.
              Don't really follow American sports have they moved into American Football or Baseball in any numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                Throughout most of the sports history, there has never been an era without a big contribution from this unusually tough breed of people..
                We can talk, Marciano, La Motta, Grazziano, Mancini, De Marco, Basillio & many more.. So how's about some P4P top tens for starters, & maybe some memories of the many classic match ups involving these guys.. Should be interesting!

Regards MM
                The best of the bunch was Tony Canzoneri, one of the best p4p fighters ever. But I've always been partial to the Gatt's, Mancini's and Pazienza's. Guys who get hit and just come back harder. Not the best fighters, but the most exciting and they never have a shortage of heart.

Comment

Willie Pep
                  Tony Canzoneri
                  Rocky Marciano
                  Carmen Basilio
                  Jake LaMotta
                  Johnny Dundee

(not in order)
                  Last edited by TheGreatA; 07-09-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                    Willie Pep
                    Tony Canzoneri
                    Rocky Marciano
                    Carmen Basilio
                    Jake LaMotta
                    Johnny Dundee
                    Good Lord, how did I forget Pep? Im ashamed!

Comment

Working...
                    X