Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here ever been a Correctional Officer ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Anybody here ever been a Correctional Officer ?

I am just trying to get more insight on this job.

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    I am just trying to get more insight on this job.
    I have a buddy that is one. He seems to like his job. His dad was also one.

I have another friend on the juvenile side that likes it as well. He said the kids are easier. He plays bones with them and said he naps a lot on night shift lol.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      I have a buddy that is one. He seems to like his job. His dad was also one.

I have another friend on the juvenile side that likes it as well. He said the kids are easier. He plays bones with them and said he naps a lot on night shift lol.
      I heard there's alot of corruption in the job. I passed my physical exam and i have a interview lined up but I don't wanna walk into a nightmare. I guess it depends on the jail , location and co workers like any other job.

Of course imates throwing feces in your face when you write them up.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        I heard there's alot of corruption in the job. I passed my physical exam and i have a interview lined up but I don't wanna walk into a nightmare. I guess it depends on the jail , location and co workers like any other job.

Of course imates throwing feces in your face when you write them up.
        Yeah my boy is in the prison and doesnt talk about it much but said he likes it.

My other buddy that works with the kids talks all the time about it. The kids side sounds like thats where its at.

Comment

A couple of close family members were. They were miserable and found it highly depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            A couple of close family members were. They were miserable and found it highly depressing.
            Damn. It has got me rethinking about doing to that interview.

To keep it a buck i only applied for the pension.

Comment

-Kev-

Comment

I wouldn't recommend it.its not worth the drama or your life.its not a sure thing that you'll get home every day.u can get shanked any given day if they choose to.an it's not worth your peace of mind.once you a c.o. your attitude change.

Comment

I'm 6ft9 300 pounds of muscle and I still wouldn't do it.size and strength is no match for a sharp and ready to go shank

Comment

I have some family and friends who were C.O.s at Riker's Island. They were indifferent for the most part but one of them who worked in the juvenile section said that the kids coming in were more dangerous than the older inmates because they had no regard for human life and no respect. They wouldn't think twice about slicing your face with a razor or shiv, especially if it elevated their status among their peers. Every now and then you might get piss or shyt thrown at you, spat on, and be forced to defend yourself or break up fights. Lots of these guys who are homeless are carrying diseases like TB and other contagious ailments.

Many of them will recognize you when they get out too. My cousin had a few former inmates who recognized him on the street and would call out to him. Fortunately they weren't hostile or looking to stir something up. But you never know where you'll be when one of them recognizes you out and about.

I think you have to know yourself before taking on a job like that. You are basically locking yourself up with the dregs of society for 40+ hours per week. Being around criminals, low-lives, gang members, mentally ill, all day. That's not to say they are all bad people, some just made poor choices or got caught up in something they regret. It happens, they aren't all horrible people. I would find it depressing after a while, being locked up with thousands of inmates who are all in a miserable place mentally and emotionally.

Have you applied for a Court Officer position? Something to look into.
                    Last edited by GhostofDempsey; 04-01-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X