Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Chael Sonnen has NO CHANCE against Jon Jones.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Chael Sonnen has NO CHANCE against Jon Jones.

Chael Sonnen has no chance to win the Light Heavyweight title against Jon Jones. Reason: he is a one trick pony, and his one trick named wrestling won't work on Jon Jones. Jones has never been taken down in his whole career. Okay, Sonnen is probably the best takedown artist in the UFC, BUT: so what? Sonnen got submitted on the ground a billion times, once at lightheavyweight by Forrest Griffin. Jones has a good ground game, so even IF Sonnen takes him down once, he is not gonna finish the fight. Sonnen's ground and pound game is not good enough because he is not a hard puncher.
    Jon Jones is a MUCH BIGGER guy than Sonnen, has a sick reach and he can stop the takedowns. And here is the worst case scenario for Jon Jones: Sonnen takes him down once. So maybe Sonnen lays on top of Jones for that whole round and wins it (if he doesn't get submitted on the ground), but he won't be able to take him down twice. Not gonna happen. What I mean by that is Sonnen only wins one round IF he is able to take Jones down. And I VERY HIGHLY doubt he will take him down.
    Jon Jones will win this fight and in my opinion Sonnen should be something like a 10:1 underdog.

ok.........

Comment

Comment

If this fight were made people wouldn't order it because of their expectations of the actual fight, they'd order it because there is no one in MMA that can hype a fight like Sonnen. Say what you want about his skills but Sonnen is head and shoulders above everyone in MMA when it comes to getting people emotionally invested in a fight, and personally I believe it's because he's a wrestling fan and learned from the best.

Comment

Well I don't order any main events because he's in them, it depends on his opponent. Against Silva, yeah, I would've watched live, but not this farce.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
            Chael Sonnen has no chance to win the Light Heavyweight title against Jon Jones. Reason: he is a one trick pony, and his one trick named wrestling won't work on Jon Jones. Jones has never been taken down in his whole career. Okay, Sonnen is probably the best takedown artist in the UFC, BUT: so what? Sonnen got submitted on the ground a billion times, once at lightheavyweight by Forrest Griffin. Jones has a good ground game, so even IF Sonnen takes him down once, he is not gonna finish the fight. Sonnen's ground and pound game is not good enough because he is not a hard puncher.
            Jon Jones is a MUCH BIGGER guy than Sonnen, has a sick reach and he can stop the takedowns. And here is the worst case scenario for Jon Jones: Sonnen takes him down once. So maybe Sonnen lays on top of Jones for that whole round and wins it (if he doesn't get submitted on the ground), but he won't be able to take him down twice. Not gonna happen. What I mean by that is Sonnen only wins one round IF he is able to take Jones down. And I VERY HIGHLY doubt he will take him down.
            Jon Jones will win this fight and in my opinion Sonnen should be something like a 10:1 underdog.
            So you're saying it's going to probably end up like Sonnen's last fight with Silva.

Comment

Agreed it makes more sense giving belfort a shot with a full camp nevertheless short notice which they did. Atleast Belfort was relevant at 205 before nd he could possibly KO or sub jones. Chael has NO Chance.

Chael only went to 185 because he wasn't even good enough to be a journeyman at 205. He may have gotten better at striking and grappling but not much. Size with his wrestling helped him at 185.

People say well Okami was good and big grappler but even rich franklin said okami is overrated in strength. and Franklin is a journeyman LHW but great middleweight too.

Like i said in the other thread chael wouldnt be able to even dominate Wlad, Hamil, Rampage or Rashad. They would stuff and dominate him because at the end of the day if he can't take you down he won't beat you. All of them can stuff him. So what hell charge jones. Wants Jones stuffs him and he eats elbows and kicks to the knees hell slow real quick. Jones will either stop with him brutal strikes against the cage or ragdoll his extremely undersized ass to the floor and GNP TKo or tap IN THE FIRST!

Shogun nd rampage all have better chins and tougher BJJ defense and they all got finished.

Your fooling yourself if youvthink chael has a better chance then Vitor and belfort only had a monthto prepare and almost tapped him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

there isn't a single person on the planet(including Sonnen's mom) that thinks he's gonna beat Jones.

Comment

I'll bet on Chael but I want 10 to 1

Comment

No chance indeed.

Comment

Working...
                    X