Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sick of hearing matchmakers say "There's too much money to be made" about Pac-May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sick of hearing matchmakers say "There's too much money to be made" about Pac-May

Has anybody else noticed this? They keep referencing how there is too much money on the table for the fight not to happen. And it's one of the main points that they come back to. I don't hear as much about the magnitude of this match-up as I do about how much the people involved are gonna get rich off of it. It makes me feel like they just see the fans and this fight as dollar signs.

As if the real fans give a damn about hearing how the millionaires are making more millions. This fight needs to be made for BOXING.. Not to make Ross Greenburg, Ellerbe, Arum and the other guys richer. This is bigger than money or anything like that.

im guilty of saying the same tho.. i mean, there is too much money to be made, which is a reason this fight should happen

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
      Has anybody else noticed this? They keep referencing how there is too much money on the table for the fight not to happen. And it's one of the main points that they come back to. I don't hear as much about the magnitude of this match-up as I do about how much the people involved are gonna get rich off of it. It makes me feel like they just see the fans and this fight as dollar signs.

As if the real fans give a damn about hearing how the millionaires are making more millions. This fight needs to be made for BOXING.. Not to make Ross Greenburg, Ellerbe, Arum and the other guys richer. This is bigger than money or anything like that.
      good point. Instead of "there's too much money to be made here" how about saying "There's too much legacy to be made here"

Comment

mosley-pacquiao would be a better fight than pacquiao-mayweather.

unfortunately probably less than 1/3 of the people will end up paying for that exciting fight than the millions who will order a boring fight in pacquiao-mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoy MeYHeM View Post
          im guilty of saying the same tho.. i mean, there is too much money to be made, which is a reason this fight should happen
          It just sucks to think of money as being the reason why either party would agree. This fight SHOULD be made for free, if it was absolutely necessary. Of course that would never happen, but that is how important this fight is to boxing.

And the money has nothing to do with it, in the long run. Money isn't what will be remembered about this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            mosley-pacquiao would be a better fight than pacquiao-mayweather.

unfortunately probably less than 1/3 of the people will end up paying for that exciting fight than the millions who will order a boring fight in pacquiao-mayweather.
            That's because this fight has a better historical backdrop to it.. It is the better pairing of FIGHTERS, not styles. And I would much rather see them prove who is the better fighter than have Mosley and Pac prove how exciting they are.

(That fight would be crazy though)

Comment

"There's too much money to be made" Is for Pac and Mayweathers ears, meaning there are no other options that would give them this much money, so why pass it up. Everyone knows this is a great legacy type fight, but its MONEY that is going to make it happen. Reality.

Comment

That's because this fight has a better historical backdrop to it.. It is the better pairing of FIGHTERS, not styles. And I would much rather see them prove who is the better fighter than have Mosley and Pac prove how exciting they are.

(That fight would be crazy though)
                i'm just scared 3 million people will buy the fight and pacquiao-mayweather stinks out the joint.

that **** will kill us.

Comment

This ^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
                    "There's too much money to be made" Is for Pac and Mayweathers ears, meaning there are no other options that would give them this much money, so why pass it up. Everyone knows this is a great legacy type fight, but its MONEY that is going to make it happen. Reality.
                    I think they have to be thinking of the money they'll be hoarding in too. It's no coincidence that it's Pac's promoter and the CEO of HBO sports who are mentioning the millions.. They got dollar signs in their eyes too.

Comment

Working...
                    X