Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wha You Think Couture's Game Plan Will Be: Stand Up or Takedown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wha You Think Couture's Game Plan Will Be: Stand Up or Takedown?

It seems obvious that Couture will want to take Toney down and dominate him on the ground as Toney has no wrestling experience and will be strong on his feet as he's a boxer. I've been thinking though and I think Couture will stand up with Toney at first and try and beat him at his own game - boxing! If Toney starts beating up Couture I think he'll take it to the ground.

What do you think Couture's game plan will be?

Wouldn't it be funny as fcuk if Randy out fought toney on their feet ? What a statement that would send out to us boxing fans
    Won't happen though ...Can't see Toney lasting 3 minutes with Randy on top of him !

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
      It seems obvious that Couture will want to take Toney down and dominate him on the ground as Toney has no wrestling experience and will be strong on his feet as he's a boxer. I've been thinking though and I think Couture will stand up with Toney at first and try and beat him at his own game - boxing! If Toney starts beating up Couture I think he'll take it to the ground.

What do you think Couture's game plan will be?
      Circle and look for a takedown. He won't stand any more than he needs to, as he's said himself.

Comment

Off the top of my head...supermans and overhands to set up shots.

Have to give it a bit more thought though.

Comment

Dana White won't let Randy trade. He said it over and over again that he "sees" Randy quickly taking Toney down and making a example of him.

I think deep down Randy wants to mix it up a bit and see how he would fare against a boxer but Dana is all in his ear telling him not to screw up and make MMA look bad.

Comment

i think randy will stand and trade just to see what happens..then if its not going his way i think hell take him down and then get control..

Comment

I'd be very surprised if Randy was willing to stand and trade. Although he has fought against the cage quite a bit before I also don't think he'd be wise to do it here. Some elements of MMA will be hard for Toney to learn, but I can see him fighting better than expected with his back to the cage. I think he'll have worked on throwing elbows on the inside and can implement that into his style without too much work.

I expect Randy to go for a takedown early on.

One thing I'm curious about is what Toney will do if he scores a knockdown. Does he let Randy back up, or does he pounce on him in an attempt to finish the fight and risk getting reversed or submitted?

Comment

Randy is going to make Toney tap out! I just have a feeling his game plan is take Toney straight down then opt to submit him.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  I'd be very surprised if Randy was willing to stand and trade. Although he has fought against the cage quite a bit before I also don't think he'd be wise to do it here. Some elements of MMA will be hard for Toney to learn, but I can see him fighting better than expected with his back to the cage. I think he'll have worked on throwing elbows on the inside and can implement that into his style without too much work.

I expect Randy to go for a takedown early on.

One thing I'm curious about is what Toney will do if he scores a knockdown. Does he let Randy back up, or does he pounce on him in an attempt to finish the fight and risk getting reversed or submitted?
                  james has been training with dean lister, a good lay and pray wrestler, but a few months of wrestling training isn't going to be enough for randy's 20+ years of wrestling. randy boxed in the army, but that's amatuer boxing, it wouldn't be smart to take on a pro. randy's BJJ isn't that good though, but he can escape most submissions, i heard toney's been training some BJJ also but if he's smart he'd just concentrate on submission escapes and takedown defense. i doubt randy stands and trades with toney at all, even if he got a lucky punch and got james hurt he stands a really big chance of getting countered and dropped. if toney does manage to drop randy, his best chance would be to jump on him right away and start throwing elbows and hammerfists and maybe the ref stops it and he gets a TKO stoppage on couture

Comment

Couture is a smart guy, he knows the dangers of chancing a stand up battle with toney. He will try to press him up against the cage and work for a takedown. most if not all of his productivity might just happened in ground and the clinch

Comment

Working...
                    X