No announcement yet.

Best Jab In world Boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Jab In world Boxing today?

I Think I'd have to go with Wladimir Klitshcko but I have to say I watch more heavy weight fights than any other division so I'm not really qualified to answer which is why I thought I'd make this!!

Wlad is the obvious answer but I'll go with Yoan Pablo Hernandez and Miguel Vasquez

Comment

Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Andre Ward.
        He doesn't really use the jab that much

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          He doesn't really use the jab that much
          The thread is not about who throws the most jabs, it's about who has the best jab.

Comment

In no particular order, these jabs stick out

Wlad
            Dizzy
            Sturm
            Martinez (Actually, as of late, his jab is sticking out more and more. His counter jab is incredible)
            Senchenko
            Syllakh
            Garcia

I'm beginning to Appreciate Broners jab a bit more,
            Russel has a nice one too, top and bottom. It's not used often, but it's effectiveness is among the top, same with lil floyds.

Some guys that are slept on but have an active and accurate jab are

Geale
            Lara
            Vanes
            Demarco
            Golovkin
            and Sylvester Sebastian isn't that great a fighter, but he's a good jabber.
            Last edited by intoccabile; 03-31-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

The thread is not about who throws the most jabs, it's about who has the best jab.
              If his jab was the best he would use it more offensively, for Ward its usually nothing more than a setup punch and defensive tool which is very effective for him but he shouldn't be in the discussion for best jabs

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                If his jab was the best he would use it more offensively, for Ward its usually nothing more than a setup punch and defensive tool which is very effective for him but he shouldn't be in the discussion for best jabs
                A jab can be used both offensively and defensively, the fact that Ward uses it both ways (and more) shows how good of a jabber he is.

Comment

A jab can be used both offensively and defensively, the fact that Ward uses it both ways (and more) shows how good of a jabber he is.
                  Ward really does have a good jab. It's hard with him though, he turns it over or brings it up a LOT. OFten times it isn't even a jab, but a hook or an upper. But it's legit. He's got a really good 1 to the body too.

Comment

Ward rarely uses it offensively

Comment

Working...
                    X