Question about sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about sparring

Hi,

I'm considering boxing for health, confidence, and to at least have an idea of how to protect myself. But I decided that sparring at full force isn't worth the risks. I was just curious if boxing gyms have routines for sparring at less than full force and how they work (I would think if someone is beating me in the ring I would dial up my force until we were both fighting at full strength. But maybe I don't know how it works)

Thanks

Sorry bro but if u dont want to get hit dont sparr... of course its not full strenght but if u wanna do it just for fun and health. The ring its not your place

Comment

if you are a beginner you wont be going all out in sparring. you will start out slow and as you get better and more experienced you will automatically throw faster and harder punches. but at first you will start out slow like everybody else

Comment

man up *****. im sure you can take a punch with gloves and headgear, and if not then you need to learn how to. nothing bad will happen, just 10 seconds of pain.

Comment

I recommend for you either tai-bo or golf...........Rockin'

Comment

Different sport for you my friend.

Sparring is about 80% intensity I'd say but, your not out to make it a war, more skills and techniques and practise.

I even enjoy sparring when I take a lot of hard punches by champions at my gym, going out with a messy nose, burst lips and ringing ears but, still holding your own is a great feeling.

Comment

Ok, I'll just stick to bag work and shadow boxing then. Maybe I can also practice some defensive drills by myself.

Not as good as actual sparring, even at less than full contact. But around here boxing gyms are $100/month so at least I'll save some money.

Comment

Working...
              X