No announcement yet.

The Top 5 British Boxers Of the 90's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 5 British Boxers Of the 90's?

There were many good boxers of the 90's. In my view the Super Middleweights were the best and had the best fighters that were top class. The top 5 british Boxer's of the 90's for me would be;

1. Nigel Benn= The most exciting british boxer of the 90's
    2. Chris Eubank= The man you love to hate great entertainer.
    3. Prince Naseem Hamed= Great value for money and had a rock hard punch for his weight class.
    4. Steve Collins= The only man to beat both Benn and Eubank.
    5. Joe Calzaghe= Just at the start of his career but from 93- beating Eubank you could tell he was something special.

How do you have it???????????????????

Originally posted by Stallone60 View Post
    There were many good boxers of the 90's. In my view the Super Middleweights were the best and had the best fighters that were top class. The top 5 british Boxer's of the 90's for me would be;

1. Nigel Benn= The most exciting british boxer of the 90's
    2. Chris Eubank= The man you love to hate great entertainer.
    3. Prince Naseem Hamed= Great value for money and had a rock hard punch for his weight class.
    4. Steve Collins= The only man to beat both Benn and Eubank.
    5. Joe Calzaghe= Just at the start of his career but from 93- beating Eubank you could tell he was something special.

How do you have it???????????????????
    i would put Michael Watson or Carl Thompson in instead of Steve Collins

Comment

Lennox Lewis would have a fair argument for inclusion.....

Comment

Where's Lennox Lewis?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          Lennox Lewis would have a fair argument for inclusion.....
          Originally posted by Frank Martin View Post
          Where's Lennox Lewis?
          He's canadian.

Comment

I fear he was born in London though. Makes him British in my book.....

Comment

Lewis
              Eubank
              Hamed
              Benn
              Collins

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                I fear he was born in London though. Makes him British in my book.....
                Didn't he win the gold for canada?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Didn't he win the gold for canada?
                  Lol, he's part Jamaican too.. The facts are he was born in West Ham, and as a young boy, was taken to Canada my his mother.. This was to start a new life after she had split from Lewis's father..
                  True, Lewis did represent Canada in the Olympics, but he had a green card for England too.. So for marketability and promotional advantages, it was very convenient for him to become English again.. He even visited West Ham United football club, sporting a claret & blue scarf, like the true 'cockney sparrow' that he is lol..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                    Lol, he's part Jamaican too.. The facts are he was born in West Ham, and as a young boy, was taken to Canada my his mother.. This was to start a new life after she had split from Lewis's father..
                    True, Lewis did represent Canada in the Olympics, but he had a green card for England too.. So for marketability and promotional advantages, it was very convenient for him to become English again.. He even visited West Ham United football club, sporting a claret & blue scarf, like the true 'cockney sparrow' that he is lol..
                    So he's as english as Arthur Abraham is german?

Comment

Working...
                    X