Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone keep a training journal for boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone keep a training journal for boxing???

Hey Can someone please explain to me how to keep a training journal!
    Ive been reading around online and it seems alot on pros and the top amatuers keep these journals
    Ive had a lapse in training the past few weeks but i have now found new focus.
    Im currently trying to set myself a nutritional plan as my biggest weakness is my bad eating habits. I will eventually be training 5 days a week currently doing 3... around working 9-5 as a carpenter.

Any help from you guys greatly appreciated.
    Is it more helpful to use the journal to PLAN training schedules and eating patterns, Or is it better keep note of what i HAVE done and eaten?

It's not very hard, just write down what you've done, and in the future you can look over your progress- how many rounds you can do, how you develop technically, how you go sparring various people, how you go fighting, the chnages in your mental attitude before fights, how you look at yourself and your progress, the ability to critically look at your training and style............

Comment

It's good to keep a log / journal of things you have done, and not just during your actual boxing work out. Writing things down like what time you went to bed, how much sleep you got, what time and what you ate. Write down your boxing routine and try to keep it like that for a week. The next week try something new, and add to it. Then you can look through the two weeks, see how you felt during the different work outs, and also your weight.

Remember, almost everything we do reflects on our boxing, not just things that happen in the gym. If you are going to write a journal, write down everything you do, and or don't do.

Comment

Originally posted by Domey View Post
        It's good to keep a log / journal of things you have done, and not just during your actual boxing work out. Writing things down like what time you went to bed, how much sleep you got, what time and what you ate. Write down your boxing routine and try to keep it like that for a week. The next week try something new, and add to it. Then you can look through the two weeks, see how you felt during the different work outs, and also your weight.

Remember, almost everything we do reflects on our boxing, not just things that happen in the gym. If you are going to write a journal, write down everything you do, and or don't do.
        Thanks Domey thats great advice.
        Just one more thing, wot do you use to keep your journal, small diary that you can carry arround with you or an A4 binder
        Im startin this from monday

Comment

Originally posted by BrianMVP View Post
          Thanks Domey thats great advice.
          Just one more thing, wot do you use to keep your journal, small diary that you can carry arround with you or an A4 binder
          Im startin this from monday
          I just write notes in a small little notepad I can carry around easy in a side pocket of my gym bag to write stuff in while I am down there. I write mostly everything on my computer though, because my handwriting is horrible.

Comment

Working...
          X