No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jayson Velez-Salvador Sanchez II Finalized For 12/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jayson Velez-Salvador Sanchez II Finalized For 12/1

LOS ANGELES - The December 1 event at Madison Square Garden just became an explosive tripleheader with the addition of unbeaten Puerto Rican phenom Jayson Velez taking on Mexico's Salvador Sanchez II in a 10-round fight for the vacant WBC Silver Featherweight title in a classic Puerto Rico vs. Mexico battle. In the second co-featured attraction, one of boxing's top young talents, middleweight Danny "Miracle Man" Jacobs, will face Cleveland's Chris "The Irish Ghost" Fitzpatrick in a 10-round middleweight fight as Jacobs returns for his second fight after winning a harrowing battle against a cancerous tumor that attacked his spine. The tripleheader will be televised on SHOWTIME from Madison Square Garden.

[Click Here To Read More]

Very good fight.

Comment

Velez is not special. I cant understand why he is on this card. Aside from being a MC fighter, he dont bring the excitement and name to the card.

Comment

This card needed a solid undercard bout. The main event guarantees a decent number of views so why not enhance the card with a decent co-feature and give some other good fighters the exposure plus another good fight to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          Velez is not special. I cant understand why he is on this card. Aside from being a MC fighter, he dont bring the excitement and name to the card.
          Cotto is doing it so his guy can get exposure. He got him a title shot but it fell tru because of politics. Cotto is the main promoter so he is doing it to put over one of his guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
            They got him in with the right guy, this should turn into a good fight. Everybody can't be superman, but I haven't seen any Kryptonite on Sanchez either. I figure Velez will try to box and Sanchez will come in face first.

Comment

Working...
            X