Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lager-swilling Green Teefs and this Hatton love...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lager-swilling Green Teefs and this Hatton love...

... Christ, that's one ugly paler, ain't it? A man who lost a dish off with Ping Ping.

I DO feel sorry for the poor prick when I log into NSB, cos he gets roasted in there (as do any non-Yank fighters), but Christ I hate the ****.

I dunno what ****s me most about him. It does irritate me greatly that he gets massive coverage over here. Boxing is a niche sport in Britain and so rarely hits the headlines... Amir "Chuvalo" Khan can scrape a few, but that's about it. But this pasty little ****er can get the back pages just for announcing a fight, no problem. That really stinks when you look at a fighter like Froch who is a real fighter's fighter... fighting the best out there, all over the world. What a man. (In fairness, while Hatton's rise through the ranks has been strategic, to say the least, he's one of a handful who have fought both Maiiii and Ping Ping).

That "humour" of his though. And his "man of the people" routine. How can anyone be a man of the people if they constantly talk about themselves in third person? And his "jokes" amount to going "Ricky 'atton loves getting pissed and farting, does Ricky 'atton." What a ****.

Really, it shows the decline in moral fibre in Britain today. No longer is it a nation of gentlemen, it's a nation of people who think ****ting in their own pants is a "laugh" and that drinking 15 pints of lager and singing boorishly is just being "one of the boys". You Fat ****ing Yanks dropped the H-Bomb for a Jap flying a plane.... but you won't drop one for this pasty prick?

Comment

He's liked because he's not professional in his lifestyle. Which is the primary factor that has undermined his potential to succeed.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
          Expect Piggy up in here soon to defend his fellow Mancunians against accusations of rampant coke usage

Comment

Share led. I got 5 on it

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
              He's liked because he's not professional in his lifestyle. Which is the primary factor that has undermined his potential to succeed.
              That's a very good point. What irritates me is that "lifestyle" is one which is pretty repulsive. I remember he had a chatshow of his own, and had Amir on a guest, who came on to cheers. But I felt they were being polite, because I don't think Hatton fans would really like Amir on a fundamental level. Not that I'm trying to say that most people who like Ricky Hatton are racists... but I think that most people who like Ricky Hatton are racists.

I do actually think his boxing skills can be underrated at times, and often obscured with all the fouling he does. He does have an okayish skillset, and isn't, IMO, such a bum that he should have been sparked cold in two by Ping Ping. I didn't think he'd win, but I don't think he should have been steamrollered.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                That's a very good point. What irritates me is that "lifestyle" is one which is pretty repulsive. I remember he had a chatshow of his own, and had Amir on a guest, who came on to cheers. But I felt they were being polite, because I don't think Hatton fans would really like Amir on a fundamental level. Not that I'm trying to say that most people who like Ricky Hatton are racists... but I think that most people who like Ricky Hatton are racists.

I do actually think his boxing skills can be underrated at times, and often obscured with all the fouling he does. He does have an okayish skillset, and isn't, IMO, such a bum that he should have been sparked cold in two by Ping Ping. I didn't think he'd win, but I don't think he should have been steamrollered.
                He's a brawling-type fighter with fast feet who knows how to take advantage of some dirty tactics when refs allow it. This comeback is utterly doomed to failure though, and then he'll be right back where he was, only worse and even more self-destructive. He can't occupy his time in a productive way without the sport like many before him.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                  He's a brawling-type fighter with fast feet who knows how to take advantage of some dirty tactics when refs allow it.
                  See, I do think he has a bit more skill than that, when he allows himself to use it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's Sugar Ray Palinson, but one thing I do like is his feints. He uses them a fair bit, and was even able to land a flush jab on Maiii in the first round of their bout using it. If he allows himself to be, he's an okay operator IMO.

It's just that most of the time his fighting style relies on pushing people, hitting them in the nuts and then going for a rabbit punch.

Comment

Lmao. .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                    X