Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what weight does Pacquiao "walk around" at?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what weight does Pacquiao "walk around" at?

I'm currently having a discussion with a friend of mine about whether gaining muscle and KEEPING it on proves more difficult and affects you negatively than vice versa, in this case, Cotto LOSING weight to make the catchweight. Discuss.

Also boxingscene scientist, how much is someone able to rehydrate given the time before a bout?

As a WW. He comes in to fight around 148 for even lightweight fights. He is probably around there, I can't see him weighting more than 148 naturally though.

Comment

During his off-boxing, usual self: he weighs 153-55 at max

fight night weight usually around 148

Comment

I remember hearing and reading his walk-around weight is 160. Dude is straight-up huge, incredibly muscular for his size. A while ago some pics were posted of him in a movie or something, and he looked JACKED. MUCH more than 148. You have to remember 148 is what he rehydrates to, his walk-around weight will be a lot higher than that, because that 148 is after months of training for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          As a WW. He comes in to fight around 148 for even lightweight fights. He is probably around there, I can't see him weighting more than 148 naturally though.
          For his last 3 fights at different weights he has come in at 148, this leads me to believe that is what he naturally weighs and you are correct.

Comment

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=69

"Manny Pacquiao is walking around at 153 pounds and is in no hurry to kick off training for his Nov. 14 fight with Miguel Cotto."

Comment

Pacquiao normally walks around in the 150s.

Gaining too much muscle for boxing can be bad, those big muscles that makes you look like Mr. Universe aren't going to help because the muscle reactions are slower than the lean muscles. Heavyweights like Frank Bruno and Jimmy Thunder looked great (no ****) but they were quite slow and burned out because of the muscle mass. Jeff Lacy has gotten pretty muscle bound as well.

Losing muscle is also a very hard thing to do and perform at a high level, I'm not sure how much it would affect Cotto because he looked fine at 146 against Clottey, I don't think losing that extra pound will take too much out of him but losing a lot of muscle to make weight like Roy Jones did and like DLH did against Pacquiao can negatively affect a fighter's performance.

I don't think there are any restrictions as to how much a fighter is allowed to rehydrate between the weigh in and the fight. I know one of the sanctioning bodies used to have a 10 pound limit but they got rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
                I remember hearing and reading his walk-around weight is 160. Dude is straight-up huge, incredibly muscular for his size. A while ago some pics were posted of him in a movie or something, and he looked JACKED. MUCH more than 148. You have to remember 148 is what he rehydrates to, his walk-around weight will be a lot higher than that, because that 148 is after months of training for a fight.

The article from where this pic came from said that Manny weighs around 153 lbs. right now...

Comment

I am 5'6 ft tall and I normally weigh 145-150 lbs. I became fat once when I'm 155 lbs.

Comment

What about Cotto? And no one knows whether it affects you more to lose or gain weight?!

Comment

Working...
                    X