Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just watched it again- it was 100% legal- cortez sent them to the corners.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched it again- it was 100% legal- cortez sent them to the corners.

After the point deduction, joe cortez sent them to the corners, got out of the way, and said alright lets go. That means the fight was on again.

Nobody told ortiz to let down his hands and hug mayweather. It was completely legal, and it was completely ortiz's fault that the fight ended.

Pretty much. It was a bit of a cheap shot but considering that Ortiz gave him an E. Honda flying headbutt, how can you blame him? Everyone who says Floyd's punches were illegal are dead wrong.

Comment

totally agree

Comment

That is why I do not see why anyone is blaming Floyd. It was legal. I do not care if Ms Jackson flashed both Cortez and Ortiz and then Floyd knocked out Ortiz. Again, that is on Ortiz. All the blame is on Ortiz. Take Floyd off the cross and put Victor on it where he belongs.

Comment

Who the **** is denying it was legal? The fact is the shot was dirty as hell. You dont touch gloves then hit the guy as he's backing up.

Comment

No one argues that it was not legal, do they?

It was unsportsmanlike, and a disappointing ending to what was actually a pretty good night of fights.

In a way, it might be good if these fights involving Mayweather and Pacquiao turn out to be disappointing. I think behind all the PED disagreements, is the fact that both sides can make windfalls with each guy fighting much safer opponents.

But if the fights aren't good, hopefully more fans will just put their foot down and stop ordering these other bouts.
            Last edited by Thread Stealer; 09-19-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

What was Ortiz planning to do? Probably clinch and get him away from the ref and headbutt again.

Screw Ortiz. He's come through a lot, is a good boxer with a loada cash but thats where my respect for him ends.

The boy crumbled under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                Pretty much. It was a bit of a cheap shot but considering that Ortiz gave him an E. Honda flying headbutt, how can you blame him? Everyone who says Floyd's punches were illegal are dead wrong.
                bwahahahaha......................

Comment

spot on..people are just mad cause it's floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                    spot on..people are just mad cause it's floyd
                    No............

Comment

Working...
                    X