No announcement yet.

Hatton v Oliveira

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton v Oliveira

Ricky Hatton will make the 15th defence of his WBU light-welterweight title against Ray Oliveira at ExCel in London in early December.
    Hatton is biding his time by facing the 36-year-old American as he waits for a crack at either Kostya Tszyu or Sharmba Mitchell for the undisputed crown.
    Oliveira holds a 47-9-2 record, including a majority decision victory over former Hatton opponent Vince Phillips.
    But he boasts only 22 stoppage wins - and having not fought in top world class for three years, he appears the ideal tune-up for Hatton
    Hatton's fight with Oliveira will take place on December 11 - the same night as Danny Williams' WBC world heavyweight title challenge to Vitali Klitschko, which is expected to be confirmed tomorrow for the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas.

We knew the guy for the December date wouldn't bee too demanding so i'm not surprised and at least it will be exciting while it lasts.

Originally posted by barryboy
    Ricky Hatton will make the 15th defence of his WBU light-welterweight title against Ray Oliveira at ExCel in London in early December.
    Hatton is biding his time by facing the 36-year-old American as he waits for a crack at either Kostya Tszyu or Sharmba Mitchell for the undisputed crown.
    Oliveira holds a 47-9-2 record, including a majority decision victory over former Hatton opponent Vince Phillips.
    But he boasts only 22 stoppage wins - and having not fought in top world class for three years, he appears the ideal tune-up for Hatton
    Hatton's fight with Oliveira will take place on December 11 - the same night as Danny Williams' WBC world heavyweight title challenge to Vitali Klitschko, which is expected to be confirmed tomorrow for the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas.

We knew the guy for the December date wouldn't bee too demanding so i'm not surprised and at least it will be exciting while it lasts.
    whatta ya mean? rays a really good fighter, one of those guys who the top dogs never wanna get in with. rays the only fighter to ever beat vivian harris. i was actually surprised that hatton took this fight. rays a real tough guy so i'm almost sure that this will go the entire 12. rays a crafty guy, so we might even see ricky go down. and i'm sure he'll bring his A game to london to fight hatton.

Upset????? Who Knows!!????

Comment

Your spot on he is a pretty good fighter, just not a top guy which is what was expected.
      I've seen Oliveira a few times on the espn shows they used to put on over here, excellent workrate and a crafty old guy, the thing I think will get him is he's a pretty old for the smaller weights, he hasn't fought at 140 for about 3 years and he has been up to about 150 something in the mean time so I reckon he will kill himself to make the weight, they will engage in a good fast paced battle for the first few rounds then the body work and persistance of Hatton will wear Oliveira down, there's always the chance in a Hatton fight that the fight could end because of a cut and i'd say that's Ray's best chance to hope Hatton gets busted up early. Hatton between 6-9.

Comment

It's gonna be interesting to see if Oliveira can even make Weight because he's fought six fights in the last two years at Welterweight.He is a tough guy but he better be in top notch condition to take Hattons brutal bodyshots.All I know is if Hatton gets past Oliveira,he better fight either Harris or the winner of Mitchell/Tszyu.

Comment

damn, u guys are right. didn't register that this fight was going to be at 140, which ray hasn't been at in a while!! he was just calling out cintron a week ago ... may be a shorter night than i anticipated.

Comment

may gop to this Excel only round the corner (*well half hour) fomr mine then back home to watch Danny bump that big lump of a Ukrainian!!!! That sounds liek a good night! Its the week beofre I got to Sinapgore and Oz for a month too, win win, ship it in!

Comment

Did Oliveira beat Vivian Harris a few years ago, as some papers have made mention to it?

Comment

Originally posted by stu
                Did Oliveira beat Vivian Harris a few years ago, as some papers have made mention to it?
                Yeah, been told it was a good points win.

Here is his record
                http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=005693

Comment

man did you see he has the no 2 and three record of most punches in a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by garrett2408
                    man did you see he has the no 2 and three record of most punches in a fight?
                    Look at 1993!! 3,020 total punches thrown - CompuBox record for most punches thrown in a fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X