No announcement yet.

Bulking Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulking Up

Over the last few months I've been working on gettig my 'beach body' sorted for a holiday with the lads. I've slimmed down from around 147lbs to 135lbs and have gone from 12% to around 8% bodyfat. But following the weight loss I've been getting comments about looking real thin, probably just jealous but I'm vein and wouldn't mind bulking up a little bit.

I've finished uni and have a lot of free time to dedicate to get my desired body. I'm going on holiday on 12th july and want to have as close 6% bodyfat as possible. I'm going to be working out most days focussing on alternative muscles groups, I'll also being making sure to eat 90gs + of protein a day. Just wondered if anyone had any other tips or realistic results I can expect after a month. I also don't plan to gain much fat while trying to bulk up. Any help would be muchly appreciated thanks.

You need more protein, 90gs isn't enough at your weight, taking in that amount of protein you will lose muscle whilst cutting.

Try to take in around 150-160gs of protein, do this by consuming 30-40gs of protein per meal via shakes or natural foods, tuna, chicken, eggs and other lean meats, this will help you keep the muscle you have whilst burning fat. Also keep your carbs low after you workout, you don't need so many carbs after you workout and any carbs that aren't burned off will be stored as fat.

You shouldn't feel so thin anymore if you follow that, you'll lose nothing but fat although I know how you feel, cutting brings many mind games, battling with the man in the mirror but in the end, when the cut is done, you'll look bigger as a result of it.

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
      You need more protein, 90gs isn't enough at your weight, taking in that amount of protein you will lose muscle whilst cutting.

Try to take in around 150-160gs of protein, do this by consuming 30-40gs of protein per meal via shakes or natural foods, tuna, chicken, eggs and other lean meats, this will help you keep the muscle you have whilst burning fat. Also keep your carbs low after you workout, you don't need so many carbs after you workout and any carbs that aren't burned off will be stored as fat.

You shouldn't feel so thin anymore if you follow that, you'll lose nothing but fat although I know how you feel, cutting brings many mind games, battling with the man in the mirror but in the end, when the cut is done, you'll look bigger as a result of it.
      This guy can not be serious.

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2010 View Post
        This guy can not be serious.
        Explain? ...

Comment

Press-ups protein and porridge .Are you doing any long runs etc .If you are cut them out .Get superfoods in man .Lentils are a good strength postworkout , nuts , eggs I get a 30 pack , porridge .Also a good strength workout you need .I used to do a good strength workout at home .You probably only need bodyweight or throw in a dumbell or a weighted vest or something and your laughing .
          300 or 400 bodyweight circuit
          30 push-ups
          30 decline push-ups , chair bench or couch
          30 squats
          30 lunges
          30 crunches
          30 deltoid presses
          15 bicep curls each arm
          30 crunches
          30 diamond push-ups
          30 squats
          Whatever you can push man or do 20's 200 .Post workout split lentils or a protein shake .This builds muscle for me overnight .It's also a good idea to eat a high protein meal every 3 hours .I've never set out to gain serious mass but eating with a workout like that is enough to add some bulk and muscle def.
          Read this rosstraining .An experiment in mass-building and athletic performance
          http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/hardcore.html
          http://www.menshealth.co.uk/Fitness-...ody-workout/v3
          http://www.menshealth.co.uk/Fitness-Muscle/landing

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
            Press-ups protein and porridge .Are you doing any long runs etc .If you are cut them out .Get superfoods in man .Lentils are a good strength postworkout , nuts , eggs I get a 30 pack , porridge .Also a good strength workout you need .I used to do a good strength workout at home .You probably only need bodyweight or throw in a dumbell or a weighted vest or something and your laughing .
            300 or 400 bodyweight circuit
            30 push-ups
            30 decline push-ups , chair bench or couch
            30 squats
            30 lunges
            30 crunches
            30 deltoid presses
            15 bicep curls each arm
            30 crunches
            30 diamond push-ups
            30 squats
            Whatever you can push man or do 20's 200 .Post workout split lentils or a protein shake .This builds muscle for me overnight .It's also a good idea to eat a high protein meal every 3 hours .I've never set out to gain serious mass but eating with a workout like that is enough to add some bulk and muscle def.
            Read this rosstraining .An experiment in mass-building and athletic performance
            http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/hardcore.html
            http://www.menshealth.co.uk/Fitness-...ody-workout/v3
            http://www.menshealth.co.uk/Fitness-Muscle/landing
            I blend my porridge with my whey, tastes good and its a fast way of getting carbs/protein in at the same time, first thing in the morning and before bed.

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
              I blend my porridge with my whey, tastes good and its a fast way of getting carbs/protein in at the same time, first thing in the morning and before bed.

Comment

Sweet! not so sure about 18 egg whites though :blow:

Comment

How tall are you?

135lbs is nothing, even if you're only 5'6.

You need more protein.

And starting a bulk now isn't going to get you far if you're aiming for a good body by 'summer'.

Get on Rippetoes Starting strength and do it as a clean bulk.

Comment

I stopped reading after reading that his desired weight is 135. Heh, I am 170 at 5.9 and I am considered quite slim at my gym. In fact, quite skinny

Comment

Working...
                    X