Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gus Johnson : "Juan Ma on Queer Street" LMAO!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus Johnson : "Juan Ma on Queer Street" LMAO!

Im just watching this fight for the first time! In round 5 Im not sure who caught it but after Juan ma goes does gus johnson screams "juanma on queer street" i have never in my boxing life have heard an announcer say that.

didn't watch the lopez/salido bout entirely, caught the very very end with low volume and crappy quality..
    queer street?
    haha, gotta go look for the entire fight now.

Comment

i need to hear this...did he sound like a professional white meteorologist when he said it ?

Comment

Yeah i caught that too lol.

Comment

it was as smooth and profession as you'll here someone say "juan ma on queer street" lol you had to be paying attention to catch it.

Comment

It's an old, common saying in boxing.

The best rendition of this is during Foreman-Norton when Colonel Bob Sheridan said "Norton is in Queersville".

Comment

haha, hopefully no gay people were watching or caught it for that matter....how bad do you think he would be in trouble if they catch this? or in trouble at all? lots of sensitivity in society now a days.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                haha, hopefully no gay people were watching or caught it for that matter....how bad do you think he would be in trouble if they catch this? or in trouble at all? lots of sensitivity in society now a days.
                It has nothing to do with sexuality. It's been in use since nineteenth century, before "queer" was even used in that sense.

Comment

You've never heard that phrase used in a boxing telecast? Must not watch a lot of boxing, buddy.

Comment

no, im just saying with the sensitive society we live in, if they caught it, they would blow it out of proportion. dude works for cbs and all, i'm just saying if it was taken out of proportion like that, i wonder what kind of bs they would pull on him...

Comment

Working...
                    X