Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have never even faced another p4p top 10 fighter how can you be p4p#1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have never even faced another p4p top 10 fighter how can you be p4p#1?

Pretty simple question

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    Pretty simple question
    In that case there should be no p4p list because only kovalev and ward are on the p4p list who faced each other. The other 8 fighters on the p4p list faced no one in the p4p list. LOL. Way to bury your own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      In that case there should be no p4p list because only kovalev and ward are on the p4p list who faced each other. The other 8 fighters on the p4p list faced no one in the p4p list. LOL. Way to bury your own thread.
      you cant comprehend can you?? i said how can you be P4P#1!!!!! if you never faced another p4p fighter....READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

Comment

What if there aren't any P4P fighters in your weight division?

And I think people obsess too much over P4P. It's a mythical list and everyone has their own version of it.

Comment

I think gary russel jr was ranked in the top ten when lomachenko beat him, actually i'm positive....

Comment

Says who?

I understand the argument for Ward. Best resume in boxing, period. There is room for the quality of recent performances though. He has fought only one significant fight in last 3 or 4 years, and it was arguably a gift.

Meanwhile, Lomachenko has toyed with two of the very best guys at 126 and 130. Two guys who have otherwise been dominant, top fighters themselves (albeit not 10 p4p). They are no Kovalev, but they got absolutely handled and were/became legit champions.

Comment

Way, way too much stock gets put into P4P lists.

It's an opinion. There is no golden record.

I'm still trying to decide whether a Platypus or a Sloth is #1 on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                What if there aren't any P4P fighters in your weight division?

And I think people obsess too much over P4P. It's a mythical list and everyone has their own version of it.
                This. P4P is meaningless today. Meant something back in the 90s.

Comment

If Lomachenko beats Garcia I would say he's in the top 5. If he beats Salido in a rematch or Linares he's in the top 10. People talked bad about Russell before and after the fight but want to give Lomachenko credit for beating him. Walters was on the come up after beating Darchinyan and Donaire but his career was in decline when he fought Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    I think gary russel jr was ranked in the top ten when lomachenko beat him, actually i'm positive....
                    Gary Russel Jr was never in the top 10 pfp...like not even close

Comment

Working...
                    X