Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does GSP have such a weak punch? Is his technique off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does GSP have such a weak punch? Is his technique off?

How good is Anderson Silva compared to Mayweather?

How good is GSP compared to Pacman?

How good is Cain compared to Vitali?
    Last edited by AlexKid; 03-26-2013, 12:57 AM.

His body was meant for grappling strength.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      His body was meant for grappling strength.
      He has power, knockdown power watch his earlier fights before Serra 1. It's just he has faced fighters with strong chins and he does not go for that knock out anymore like he used to because its too much of a risk for him. He mostly uses his stand up to set up his takedowns or to keep his opponent guessing. They expect the take down, then jabs or throws a superman punch. He does throw hooks, uppercuts, crosses, loads of kicks like he used to. He mostly jabs, superman punches now really and then takes them down.

Comment

he holds back and hits like a girl just ask nick diaz.

Comment

He holds back (like Floyd and others in boxing) to set up his grappling game and stay defensive. Points from range, if you get close he's so fast that you probably wont stop his shot... Gsp might be boring but dude is a winner.

In terms of talent? I'm not sure MMA has a Floyd like talent. Maybe jones could be it but we'll see when he fights people his size if thats true (at HW when he dies move up). Anderson definitely (of course this is in their respective sport). Hmm.... GSP kind of. Great physical attribute but his game plan is always on point.

In the grand scheme of things though its hard to tell...because neither of these guys have another challenger whose been doing just as well as them and being just as dominant. They seem like big fish in small ponds. I think they're ahead of their times (GSP and anderson mostly). Jones and GSP seem like the type of MmA fighter we'll start seeing more of in the future. Anderson..not sure he even has a gameplan he seems fluid and like it comes naturally..seems more unique imo.

Comment

Its weak because he doesn't throw to end fights. He has no intention on ending a fight.

Anything he does is to set up a take down and maintain control.

In a striking sense Anderson is our Floyd but better. He's so damn fast accurate and deadly.

As far as well rounded ness probably bones Jones even though I want to see him vs Gustasson first, somebody his size with good hands.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              How good is Anderson Silva compared to Mayweather?

How good is GSP compared to Pacman?

How good is Cain compared to Vitali?
              his punch isn't that weak. just ask Koscheck.....

I think GSP did intend to stand with Diaz more if it weren't for his achillies injury. I don't see why he would travel all the way to LA to train with Roach and then for this fight train with Lucian Bute and then not use all the techniques that he learned. That doesn't make sense. I think his injury played a part in GSP not striking with Diaz more than he did. Though the few times that he did stand with Diaz he looked impressive. Made Diaz stumble a couple of times with his jab.

Comment

St. Pierre is always on his toes. He rarely if ever plants when he throws punches.

I don't think it's that he doesn't know how to put his weight into his punches, it's that his style just doesn't cater to that.

Comment

He arm punches thats why.

Comment

GSP has power but he is more focused on setting up take downs and controlling the fight than knocking opponents out.

Comment

Working...
                    X